• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does Punter have something against Hoggie or what? Only seems to bring him on before a break or within half an hour of the end of the day's play. He's no MacGill sure but it's frustrating watching Midge and Lee go for runs over slips and elsewhere to airy swings by Harbi, especially when Midge hasn't had the best Test so far and Hogg has actually bowled relatively well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
100 partnership then. Well done. People were praising Australia for their fighting spirit when Hogg and all piled the runs (and dissing India for allowing the runs).

I wont diss Australia but will appreciate India. They fought after Australia should have been 45/3. Then after they got Australia to 130 some thing for 6 and then Australia got 430, what with the Symonds stuff, they didn't let themselves be demoralised and kept fighting. India is side which keeps fighting and love them for it.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
100+ partnership

now we will have to play 2 spinners on perth pitch :)...have any team done that in the history
of the game ?????

and one more four lead down to 14

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
100+ partnership

now we eil have to play 2 spinners on perth pitch...have any team done that in the history
of the game ?????

and one more four lead down to 14
You're a year late - the Perth pitch was quite slow and actually turned last season. Not so much this season though.

shankar

International Debutant
I think these days for a team to win a Test you might have to take about 22-25 wickets and you should be good enough to face all adversaries including poor umpiring. I think one of the things that made Australia so great in the past is how they come back from poor pieces of luck (although some would argue they're much luckier than others anyway). India should have played better after the poor decisions and poor umpiring is just one of the things you have to overcome to win Test matches constantly.
But a better team will obviously be able to come back better from bad luck. no? It doesn't require anything different. They'd do it by virtue of being better. What so many umpiring mistakes do is unnaturally widen the gap between the quality of the two competing teams.

Evermind

International Debutant
i think Harbhajan started
Quite unlikely. I greatly admire the Australian team, except for the backhanded tactics of trying to ruffle the batsman and getting him to make mistakes by saying schoolyard stuff. It's real silly, and Symonds is guilty of it more than anyone else. Pretty shameful, and lowers my respect for them by several notches.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Quite unlikely. I greatly admire the Australian team, except for the backhanded tactics of trying to ruffle the batsman and getting him to make mistakes by saying schoolyard stuff. It's real silly, and Symonds is guilty of it more than anyone else. Pretty shameful, and lowers my respect for them by several notches.
he apologised to Roy lol

so im guess he started it .. or else why would he apologise :unsure:

pasag

RTDAS
But a better team will obviously be able to come back better from bad luck. no? It doesn't require anything different. They'd do it by virtue of being better. What so many umpiring mistakes do is unnaturally widen the gap between the quality of the two competing teams.
Yeah, that's not my point though. If you want to win at Test cricket you have to overcome everything thrown at you, weather, injuries and in this case bad umpiring decisions. If someone was to say India should have won (if they don't win), I'd have to politely disagree.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
No team can be expected to overcome those decisions tbh. Symonds could've/should've been out on a few occasions, and because he wasn't, many undeserved runs were scored.