• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
He played an aggressive stroke like many times in the inning when he shouldn't have. As I said earlier, his approach was wrong. He should have grinded it out in the middle or tried to till he adjusted as much as he could to the pace of the wicket.
Thats his problem on all wickets in Test match cricket though isnt it? He does not give himself enough time to get set and adjust to the conditions. Its not just this wicket that he has problems getting set on. I agree that he needs to grind it out in the middle until he feels comfortable but he just does not seem like he can do that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He is all at sea to Lee and Hogg, It has nothing to do with the pitch. Look at Laxman, Ganguly, Sachin, even Singh are they having trouble timimg the ball on the "slow" wicket?
Laxman didn't as the ball was coming on nicer to the bat yesterday. Tendulkar wasn't so sure about the timing. He has had to grind it in the middle. Regarding spin - even Tendulkar wasn't as comfortable about the spin - one went off the edge of the ball and he was plumb once. The ball has been spinning prodigiously. Look, I am not saying I am convinced Yuvraj will do great necessarily in the 3rd and 4th test but I am not willing to discount him either after the first two tests given the pitches have not been his kind. I will wait for the tour game and how he looks in the nets and wouldn't really be surprised if he does play the third test.

pup11

International Coach
Man... this is highly frustrating to see this partnership growing like this, FFS get rid of them guys! :@

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think the wicket is as slow as you're making it out to be Pratyush. It's not as hard and fast as the Austalian pitches we usually see, but the ball is still coming onto the bat fairly well. Laxman, Tendulkar and even Harbhajan have whipped shots through the leg-side from balls around off-stump, which is pretty difficult on a slow wicket.

Perm

Man... this is highly frustrating to see this partnership growing like this, FFS get rid of them guys! :@
Now you know how the Indians felt when Symonds and Hogg put on 170, and then Symonds and Lee combined for a century partnership. Even Symonds and Johnson put on 40.

Perm

There's a tour match between the second and third tests, isn't there? If Sreesanth could get fit fot that and come over, I'd consider him for the third test for sure.
Definitely agree. He has to have some game time under his belt though, no point rushing him over to play the 3rd Test when he hasn't bowled in ages. He'd be preferred above Ishant Sharma for sure.

Perm

Yup. Get rid of the young brigade. :p
RP Singh - 4/124
Ishant Sharma - 0/87
Harbhajan Singh - 2/108
Yuvraj Singh - 12
MS Dhoni - 2

Can't drop RP Singh or Ishant Sharma at the moment, while Harbhajan helped to set up the Australian collapse. FTR I'd drop Yuvraj, but not Dhoni. Has kept pretty well, and although his batting hasn't been that flash, I really don't think the selectors see Karthik at #7.

biased indian

International Coach
Cricinfo
Tendulkar on 95 ,Most of the fielders are in the circle. Hogg from over the wicket.

Something kumble has to give a look.......

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Definitely agree. He has to have some game time under his belt though, no point rushing him over to play the 3rd Test when he hasn't bowled in ages. He'd be preferred above Ishant Sharma for sure.
Yeah, I wouldn't pick him if he wasn't fit to play the tour match, especially given the strange fitness/attitude issues he had in England. He needs some bowling under his belt first.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thats his problem on all wickets in Test match cricket though isnt it? He does not give himself enough time to get set and adjust to the conditions. Its not just this wicket that he has problems getting set on. I agree that he needs to grind it out in the middle until he feels comfortable but he just does not seem like he can do that.
He is far more aggressive than your usual test batsman. He wont need to grind it on most of the time and his natural game is more aggressive. We both agree that he needs to grind it a bit more at times, particularly like today though. Whether he can do that and has a defensive game at all - I do believe he has it. He wouldn't be able to make runs in one day cricket by just smashing it and having no defensve whatever. You do need proper defences even for one day cricket for every one (except if you are say Afridi).

Majin

International Debutant
Sachin!!!!!!!! YES! Finally! Oh man, it's been too long coming, but he deserves it so much. So happy.