• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sack the old foggies and bring on the rest of the youth brigade. They won us the T20 WC after all. :dry:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sack the old foggies and bring on the rest of the youth brigade. They won us the T20 WC after all. :dry:
Dravid - 53
Laxman - 107
Tendulkar - 85*
Ganguly - 67
Kumble - 4/106

Nah, old boys doing well ;)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Surely Yuvraj has to go? It's not like he's looked comfortable at all in the three innings he's played. I can't see him scoring in the second innings either, but if he does then he'll likely retain his spot. Jaffer has looked okay, solid, but hasn't been able to score any runs. I do get the feeling that Sehwag would be a useful addition to the Indian XI, even though he hasn't got many on the board, because it only takes a couple of shots for somebody like him to work back into form. I can see him scoring a quick hundred at the top of the innings, but Australia would have to drop him for that to happen.
Nah, I am not so sure that Yuvraj has to go necessarily. Both the tests have been on slow wickets and Yuvraj would be the player I would back to struggle most on wickets like the first two tests where the ball doesn't come to the bat properly.

Jaffer is some one who I said would not make runs early on in the tour. He has not looked like he has adjusted to Australia at all till now. If he shows signs of adjustment, he can make the runs but if he doesn't Sehwag might have to come in in place of him. The tour game will see Dravid resting I think and Jaffer and Sehwag opening. I am not sure which two to choose from the three yet to be honest and not sure the Indian management would either. Only by after the tour game an we get a better picture as things according to me.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nah, I am not so sure that Yuvraj has to go necessarily. Both the tests have been on slow wickets and Yuvraj would be the player I would back to struggle most on wickets like the first two tests where the ball doesn't come to the bat properly.
This Sydney pitch is not that slow. Nothing like the MCG wicket. Thats not the reason Yuvraj is struggling.

Gilly just dropped Singh of the bowling of Clark

dansa

Cricket Spectator
Yuvraj should take full advantage of bars in Sydney

Never know if he will have a chance to visit Sydney next time. :unsure: Ponting went to some lap dance bar. He is still doing good.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This Sydney pitch is not that slow. Nothing like the MCG wicket. Thats not the reason Yuvraj is struggling.

Gilly just dropped Singh of the bowling of Clark
It hasn't been coming on nicely to the bat and slow off the surface. He struggled with the timing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
whatever he was beaten by the pace.
He played an aggressive stroke like many times in the inning when he shouldn't have. As I said earlier, his approach was wrong. He should have grinded it out in the middle or tried to till he adjusted as much as he could to the pace of the wicket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sreesanth to report at NCA today. Hope he's recovered and can join the team for the third one.
There's a tour match between the second and third tests, isn't there? If Sreesanth could get fit fot that and come over, I'd consider him for the third test for sure.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
It hasn't been coming on nicely to the bat and slow off the surface. He struggled with the timing.
He is all at sea to Lee and Hogg, It has nothing to do with the pitch. Look at Laxman, Ganguly, Sachin, even Singh are they having trouble timimg the ball on the "slow" wicket?

funnygirl

State Regular
The fact is that Yuvi doesn't have the class for a test batsman . He has to improve a lot .We got carried away by his performance against a mediocre attack .