• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ah, the good old days of optimistic Indians.

At least it's a lone voice though, and I'm afraid to say it's in vain.

Anything less than 4-0 is a success for India IMO.

Craig

World Traveller
Just some tips for India:

* Stay on the boundary rope when fielding in the outfield. Ignore the ' walk in with the bowler' stuff because of if the batsmen hit the ball and they have walked in, it might go over their head and be in no-mans land, whereas if the fielder stays on the boundary rope he could take the catch, by staying on the rope the fielder is in the perfect position.

*Use lighter bats, they might actually benefit on fast abouncy wickets of Australia.

*We are due for some rain (we need it badly), so just hope for that.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Craig said:

*Use lighter bats, they might actually benefit on fast abouncy wickets of Australia.
For sure.. You see alot of asian players very often playing the ball way to late in Australia because they cant ajust quick enough to the extra bounce.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
amits said:

My prediction: Ind 2-1 or Ind 3-1
i cut the rest cos of the same reason as LE.

wow, 3-1 to the Indians, hrmm..

i do wonder why so many pigs fly past my window...

Indian Optism is almost as annoying as Australian Arrogance...*sigh*. Seriously anyway, Amits, all i can say is why??? why 2-?? let alone 3-1 to the indians...

The Indian Bowling attack is simply not good enough to take 20 Australian wickets, well not for a low score anyhow..

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
No offence but Katich could bowl the Indians out (bar a guy named Tendaulkar) so i don't know how they expect to beat us. The Boxing Day Test will turn into the Boxing Day 1-2 dayer.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Warne is god said:
No offence but Katich could bowl the Indians out (bar a guy named Tendaulkar) so i don't know how they expect to beat us. The Boxing Day Test will turn into the Boxing Day 1-2 dayer.
Hello, David Hookes.

How long have you been posting on Cricket Web?

Such arrogance. I'm almost inclined to side with Amits out of sheer spite.

iamdavid

International Debutant
amits said:
am i the only one who is predicting an Indian victory ??? :O

i think that india will win the series. australian bowling isnt as good as it was say 1 or 2 years ago and the top bowlers are breaking down with injuries.

come on guys, if england can win and zimbabwe can be competitive to aus in aus, then i dont see any reason why india wont win a match or 2.

to be realistic, i am expecting atleast 2 wins for india with one of them in sydney. in sydney, if the indians play to their potential, then india will win. the other win will come in the 1st test in brisbane as an inspired india will keep their cool and calm to get a thrilling victory in thee 1st test.

indian batting has also vastly improved and new guys like chopra look comfortable and he will be the man for the aussie tour. not to forget, the sehwag from apni dilli as well who would be looking to give india the flying starts.

laxman, dravid and sachin will be the senior players and 1 of them will be required to play a big innings. if india set 400+, which they will after betting 1st, then aus will be under some pressure.

if india bowl 1st, then india will have to knock australia over for less than 300 to have a chance.

My prediction: Ind 2-1 or Ind 3-1
:lol: :lol:

Amits you say if India make 400 Australia will be under some pressure , dosent that go without saying , of course if Australia make 400+ then the smae will apply.
Its easier said then done.
Dravid IMO holds the key to the series.
India will do well to win a test (as stated you must take 20 wickets to win a test , I dont think they have the bowlers to do that).

Craig

World Traveller
Warne is god said:
Right and they have taken Warne apart over the years, so I doubt Katich would have much success.

You sir rank of absolute arrogrance, and I bet you believe Australia could pick several sides and still beat everybody else :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

amits

Banned
Guys, stop dreaming.

there was a time, not too long ago that i had predicted a 4-0 whitewash for india, but now i have tried to be a bit more realistic.

and also i guess that cricketweb.net needs some guy who expects india to beat australia comfortably this year as this would provide a more interesting discussion.

guys, warne is god is right on this point -

The Boxing Day Test will turn into the Boxing Day 1-2 dayer.
yes, it will be a 1-2 dayer BUT the indians will win it.

PY

International Coach
Warne is god said:
Might have to print this out and frame it as the most incredible comment I've heard on this forum in 11 months.:wow:

I don't even want to know where you plucked that idea from but Katich bowling the Indian team out is about as likely as Neil opening the batting and bowling for the current Australian side in the India series. I'm actually being serious. :rolleyes:

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
amits said:
Guys, stop dreaming.

there was a time, not too long ago that i had predicted a 4-0 whitewash for india, but now i have tried to be a bit more realistic.

and also i guess that cricketweb.net needs some guy who expects india to beat australia comfortably this year as this would provide a more interesting discussion.

guys, warne is god is right on this point -

yes, it will be a 1-2 dayer BUT the indians will win it.
roflmao

i get it, youre USING SARCASM!!!!

As im so damn ******** and cant wake up and smell the coffee, i cdnt realise that!!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
Might have to print this out and frame it as the most incredible comment I've heard on this forum in 11 months.:wow:

I don't even want to know where you plucked that idea from but Katich bowling the Indian team out is about as likely as Neil opening the batting and bowling for the current Australian side in the India series. I'm actually being serious. :rolleyes:
Bonza, mate, have you seen my dingo?

amits

Banned
marc71178 said:
Do you sell the stuff you've been smoking Amits?
marc71178,

smoking is bad and injurious to health and i dont smoke.

india will win that series as u will c. time will tell.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
amits said:
india will win that series as u will c. time will tell.
We'll quote you on that on December 16.

(Final day of the Second Test, India won't be able to win the series by then...)

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
We'll quote you on that on December 16.

(Final day of the Second Test, India won't be able to win the series by then...)
You're sure the Second Test will reach a fifth day, then?

Cheers,

Mike

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
badgerhair said:
You're sure the Second Test will reach a fifth day, then?

Cheers,

Mike
Nope, I just didn't want anyone pointing things out to me on the 15th that it was still technically possible for India to win the series :)

amits

Banned
even if aus r 1-0 after 2 tests, still india can win the series 2-1 ;)

also, i will c u all on January 6 (maybe 3/4/5), the day India lifts the cup after winning the series.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
amits said:
even if aus r 1-0 after 2 tests, still india can win the series 2-1 ;)

also, i will c u all on January 6 (maybe 3/4/5), the day India lifts the cup after winning the series.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is getting to be real fun!

Marc, Neil, Rik....you guys, just out of curiosity, when you see what you describe as "Indian optimism" pitted against "Aussie arrogance", who are you going to support? or are you going to stay neutral...?:P