• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Now you know how we felt getting slaughtered by the umpires in 01.

Hope India loses at least one test here owing to what would have been an eminently reviewable decision.

Merry Christmas.
Personally I hope they lose all four.

I love how the shenanigans at Sydney 4 years ago sparked the move to a review system yet the Indian board is the one board who utterly opposes it.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Personally I hope they lose all four.

I love how the shenanigans at Sydney 4 years ago sparked the move to a review system yet the Indian board is the one board who utterly opposes it.
It's hilarious. They moan about Sydney 08, but then appose a system which can stop such things happening again. Made moments such as Harbajan inside edging one during Broad's hattrick brilliant!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strauss - the backbone of english cricket for me, not the most naturally gifted but on his day his leg glances and cover drives are a gem to watch

cant say the same for cook, IMO one of the most ovverated players you'll see, prown to swing and especially inswing getting him out via LBW!
though despite this, i still maintain hes the only player of current to even come close to breaking sachins record of most test runs out of current cricketers under 30!
Always think people who, keep on getting called over-rated, like Cook, become instantly under-rated, See Flintoff or the beatles.

The man scores runs he's had bad times, but he came into test cricket very young, and seems to be improving

Howe_zat

Audio File
I said I didn't mind watching 'em, I'd not wax lyrical about either, I do have to say. Actually the left-hander thing seems to be rather old-fashioned, there are so many ugly ones now, Hayden was just horrible and Smith just behind him, agricultural bullies, and Chanders is admirable, but not pretty. For England Tresco and Thorpe will never be compared to Sobers, Harvey, Lara and Gower, TBH.
The disproving-the-elegant-left-handed-batsman-stereotype batting order

Smith
Hayden
Cook
Border*
Chanderpaul
Katich
Russell+
Vettori

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always think people who, keep on getting called over-rated, like Cook, become instantly under-rated, See Flintoff or the beatles.

The man scores runs he's had bad times, but he came into test cricket very young, and seems to be improving
Very true, works the other way the under-rated tag as well. .

Can't see how Cook is over-rated though, no one has hailed him some kind of batting god he is just scored **** loads of runs the last year and a bit.

Cricket Spectator
Very true, works the other way the under-rated tag as well. .

Can't see how Cook is over-rated though, no one has hailed him some kind of batting god he is just scored **** loads of runs the last year and a bit.
Irrelevant, a cricketer doesn't need to have that sort of status to be necessarily classified as overrated.

Well currently in East London where I am, a many english fans keep on going how hes the best batsmen of late, and arguably " the best batsmen in the world currently" . now this may be a south english/London thing , but I still dont think they have the license to say these things, sure I wont argue that hes been doing very well of lately and has been scoring many runs for England, but in all honesty he took his chances with cricket when arguably it was one of the worst times for bowling (2006) , when bowling really starting to lose its touch since 90's and early 00's.

Still maybe just slightly I have something against his batting one a whole :wacko:

Ruckus

International Captain
Well whatever happens this series, I'm sure Ponting is happy that cricinfo chose this as his comeback photo

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Book Rahul in for failure this series. Just being around Langer is enough to turn your batting to ****

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I happen to be in Melbourne atm. Here's your Xmas day weather...

Tendulkar to take a piece of hail to the head tomorrow on 99

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So is it Ed, Eddie or Edward Cowan? Reckon it depends on how well he does.

Really looking forward to tomorrow now, who would have thought that a year ago our top 3 would be Cowan, Warner and Marsh. Not me..