• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Talk is Siddle will be rested for this Test, and Starc and Lyon to both play.

If nothing else, the left armer may give Lyon some rough to bowl into, a la Swann last summer in the only match he actually did anything.

adub

International Captain
I severely dislike Haddin and believe he is ****, and even I think dropping him for Adelaide would have done no good. Team is feeling great, don't ruggle the feathers. Haddin is well aware of the pressure he is under. Give the **** another test and then assess options.
Yeah, Before or after NZ was the right time, now might as well give him one last test. You'd hope that the selectors might have a quiet word and he announces his retirement during the test though with Wade eased in via the short format stuff.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah he should have been dropped before the Indian series imo (and a lot of other opinions too) but now it wouldn't achieve much really.

howardj

International Coach
Bet Sidds would be pretty pissed. Why do CA continue down the line of thinking that more bowling = more injuries. While for younger bodies who have played very little FC cricket let alone Test cricket (such as Cummins and Pattinson) that line of thinking may be sound, however more developed guys such as Siddle need to be considered separately. The attack, to my mind, is far from settled - so you're playing with guys' careers by resting them randomly.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If that was aimed at me Spikey, unless you made it clear to Wade or Nevill or whomever that they weren't just getting the one test, and they were guaranteed to go to the West Indies, I don't see how giving a new keeper one test is that beneficial.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
They should be picking Siddle for the next test if he's fit. It's not like he's been a part of our ODI/T20 teams recently.

Joao

U19 12th Man
as expected buddy. Why would you sack your long term keeper and break up a team which is 3-0 up, especially when he is the VC and played state cricket and captained the same team the national skipper plays for?

Wadey will get a few games in ODI's I reckon, they will do a rotation thing and probably send him to windies as well.
I severely dislike Haddin and believe he is ****, and even I think dropping him for Adelaide would have done no good. Team is feeling great, don't ruggle the feathers. Haddin is well aware of the pressure he is under. Give the **** another test and then assess options.
Yeah, Before or after NZ was the right time, now might as well give him one last test. You'd hope that the selectors might have a quiet word and he announces his retirement during the test though with Wade eased in via the short format stuff.
I hear all that but I just want him to **** off. Wade or Nev, I don't care which one should be playing.

My main concern is that the little **** will ton up on the Adelaide highway in a total of about 600, coming in at 5-400 and we will be stuck with him until next summer when we'll get mediocrity Paine as our long term replacement. Selectors obviously have something against picking Nev or Wade and it ****s me.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Siddle should play, he needs to move up the all time wickets list. Honestly feel as though India will post a pretty big total if P.Siddle isn't in the XI, he's been taking big wickets this series.

It's not as though he needs a rest either, for starters he's having a rest right now and he can be managed after the Test. No one needs a rest..

benchmark00

Onto more important matters:

During the tests when they plug the Bupa health zone or whatever it is, does anyone feel uneasy watching the guy dancing on that? Sends shivers down my spine.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hear all that but I just want him to **** off. Wade or Nev, I don't care which one should be playing.

My main concern is that the little **** will ton up on the Adelaide highway in a total of about 600, coming in at 5-400 and we will be stuck with him until next summer when we'll get mediocrity Paine as our long term replacement. Selectors obviously have something against picking Nev or Wade and it ****s me.
Haha, so true.

benchmark00

It's India though. Generally **** against pace and **** hot against spin.
Yeah that's the thing.

External factors such as pitch aside, you pick four pace bowlers because it's more likely to trouble the Indians, however when you factor in the nature of Adelaide, then you start to see it swing towards Lyon.

Personally, I think it's a close run thing and it doesn't matter the make up imo.