• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Jayzamann

International Regular
Actually the more you look at that pic, the more you notice. Looks like Hussey is lying on the ground, there's some trays of meat (which would be awesome if they were butter chicken) and what looks like Siddle is wearing some horrible fluro throwback kicks.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually the more you look at that pic, the more you notice. Looks like Hussey is lying on the ground, there's some trays of meat (which would be awesome if they were butter chicken) and what looks like Siddle is wearing some horrible fluro throwback kicks.
Yeah, noticed the plate with the forks in it, the food and beer. Getting hungry now.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lol so true, a plate of forks, maybe a hamburger under the table, the label sticking out of Warner's shirt, etc.

Jayzamann

International Regular
So that explains why he is pouring it all over the place in that other photo?

It has to be him, he's the only person besides Lyon to wear long sleeve shirts while fielding.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
on the other hand i like to think clarke wouldn't have to sit next to siddle in the dressing room

Jayzamann

International Regular
Yeah gotta keep the baggy green in the velvet box so it's nice and fresh for next time he breaks it out to celebrate a ton.

Or until vodafone get him to sew a logo into it.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha I used to be way better in close than in the outfield for exactly that reason, you go on reflex/technique in close, but when it's waaay up in the air you have to actually think about it and it's not hard to tense up.
Yeah I've had similar experiences, but in baseball. When I first started out at the house league level, I was put in 2nd/3rd base and really enjoyed it. Loved fielding line drives, ground balls, bunts, even pop-ups. But as I rose up the ranks to play at more competitive levels, double AA Rep specifically, I had to make way in the infield for some of the better and more experienced players in the line-up.

So when they put me in the outfield, it definitely didn't come as naturally to me as 2nd/3rd base. The ability to tense up was one aspect, but also had a difficult time judging the fly balls. However, it is one of those things where practice really helps. The coach decided to work with me one on one for a few sessions, and it drastically improved my footwork and ability to position myself, judge the trajectory and stay calm.

Last edited:

Joao

U19 12th Man
No changes to the Aussie squad but Lyon will play in Adelaide.

Means we still have Haddin (for ****s sake would they just drop the idiot) and still no Watto. Been a really sad summer for me, depsite all the winning.

uvelocity

International Coach
No changes to the Aussie squad but Lyon will play in Adelaide.

Means we still have Haddin (for ****s sake would they just drop the idiot) and still no Watto. Been a really sad summer for me, depsite all the winning.
as expected buddy. Why would you sack your long term keeper and break up a team which is 3-0 up, especially when he is the VC and played state cricket and captained the same team the national skipper plays for?

Wadey will get a few games in ODI's I reckon, they will do a rotation thing and probably send him to windies as well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I severely dislike Haddin and believe he is ****, and even I think dropping him for Adelaide would have done no good. Team is feeling great, don't ruggle the feathers. Haddin is well aware of the pressure he is under. Give the **** another test and then assess options.