• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Yeah okay don't worry. I didn't need to make the post, because it's not something I would do. It was just a passing comment that I think the previous selectors would have made the change and possibly Arthur might have put Beer's name up in contention with the other 4 selectors.
It's alright boony, we know you :wub: your :beer:

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe next time Australia will give NZ 3 tests (instead of 2) and India 3 (instead of 4), lets face it, the NZ/Aust series was more exciting

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
But yes I do quite despise the 2 Test "series".. kind of seems like 2 rounds in boxing, 2 sets in tennis or 1 half in rugby. And invariably seems to be locked at 1-1 when 2 decent teams are playing

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe next time Australia will give NZ 3 tests (instead of 2) and India 3 (instead of 4), lets face it, the NZ/Aust series was more exciting
Well, the Hobart test was anyway. But let's be honest, if Australia had prepared a couple of square turners this series would probably be a lot more exciting as well.

TNT

Banned
But yes I do quite despise the 2 Test "series".. kind of seems like 2 rounds in boxing, 2 sets in tennis or 1 half in rugby. And invariably seems to be locked at 1-1 when 2 decent teams are playing
Thats the problem, Australia only get the 1-1 when two crap teams are playing.:)

Ruckus

International Captain
Question for Indian fans...which bowling attack would you prefer to face out of the following (assuming Harris won't break down during the game) for the next test:

Harris, Siddle, Hilf, Lyon
Harris, Siddle, Hilf, Starc
Pattinson, Siddle, Hilf, Lyon
Pattinson, Siddle, Hilf, Starc

Daemon

Harris might be out of touch and Lyon has looked ineffective this series so as dire as Starc may be, I'd go with Lyon.

Ruckus

International Captain
I think Harris will be pretty well prepared. He has had a fair bit of time now to ready himself for the match. Is that the main reason you would go Harris over Pattinson though? I think Harris is still a better bowler than Pattinson overall, plus he got a 6-for at the WACA last time, and is more likely to do better on a flat wicket imo.

Spikey

i would have thought you'd take Pattinson, Siddle, Hilf, Lyon to face on the basis one of them has a broken foot.

(and then you take Lyon over Starc because Starc might bowl a beamer that knocks someone's head off whereas lyon probably won't)

Daemon

It's just that Pattinson has done well in 3/4 innings against us, and looks to be in really good form. All Harris has done is played a couple of T20s and while he may be fit and ready to go, he doesn't have the match practice under his belt. I've barely watched either of them live though so I don't know who'd go better on a flat wicket.

And as spikey pointed out, this debate is pretty redundant :p

Ruckus

International Captain
Redundant is CW's middle name. Pretty confident Harris would do better than Pattinson on a flat wicket though, after seeing him get the ball the do stuff that nobody else was managing in SL (e.g. Ryan Harris Beauty to Sangakara Sri Lanka v Australia - 2nd Test Day 5. - YouTube). He will make a much better new ball partner to Hilf at this stage as well, I reckon. Pattinson has the potential to be a gun with the new ball, but he has an unfortunate habit of taking a while to warm into his spells...so by the time he has got some rhythm going, the ball has already started losing it's shine.