• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
None of the current spinners in the country are going to get much joy playing against India here so they may as well keep Lyon in the squad instead of fishing around for alternatives and destabilising the spin position for little gain.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah okay don't worry. I didn't need to make the post, because it's not something I would do. It was just a passing comment that I think the previous selectors would have made the change and possibly Arthur might have put Beer's name up in contention with the other 4 selectors.

All I can say is that it's just so much more enjoyable watching Australia bowling post Johnson. Apart from the filth Johnson was bowling over the past few years he routinely scuffed up the ball and made it harder for the rest of the attack.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Yeah okay don't worry. I didn't need to make the post, because it's not something I would do. It was just a passing comment that I think the previous selectors would have made the change and possibly Arthur might have put Beer's name up in contention with the other 4 selectors.

All I can say is that it's just so much more enjoyable watching Australia bowling post Johnson. Apart from the filth Johnson was bowling over the past few years he routinely scuffed up the ball and made it harder for the rest of the attack.
I understand your sentiment on both counts. I get the feeling Arthur could play favourites a touch with players he's come to know from coaching in Australia like S Marsh.

And it's refreshing to watch the team play without a player (Johnson) who looked like he was getting worse and worse with each passing match. Haddin is getting that way a bit too - I think he's a shadow of the player he was in the couple of years before Gilchrist retired and a year or so afterwards.

uvelocity

International Coach
watto for lyons (who comes back in radelaide)*
rhino for patto. poor bugger, get well soon.

Have the shakes considering Patto, Patty and 2 other bowlers if required for the next 5 years. In a good way.

*provided it's a proper waca

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Congrats Aus fans for a comprehensible win. I really want to see Hilf's delivery that got Laxman. If anyone has it, can they upload it on YouTube.

Thanks. :)

uvelocity

International Coach
The best possible combination from the squad imo. Overall, still looks a weak batting line up though, with a pretty poor tail as well. Ponting, Hussey and Haddin HAVE to justify the selectors patience with them for us to have a chance imo. Over a 4 match series, I don't know if you should expect too much consistency coming from that inexperienced top 3, so the others are gonna have to somehow be there to provide stability should the top order fail. Expect Clarke to be in top form again, but he can't do it by himself.
Hey, Christmas and all, didn't notice you quoted my lucky guess at the playing XI. Nice little summary there, only Haddin needs to come good with about 78 ripper catches next week to win the test and you take the cake :thumbup:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
+ constant touring. I mean the only rest most of these guys have had have been when they're injured.
I'm lead to believe a lot of them had a rest during a tour of the West Indies, memory's a bit sketchy so can't remember if they did or not, perhaps someone could remind me?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anyone know of an Australian ODI thread which can be bumped? - I want to see the teams people are expecting/wanting for the series in Feb vs. India and Sri Lanka.