• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
On the issue of Pattinson being too aggressive, and the journalists calling him out on it. I'm certainly surprised it's even an issue being discussed as I didn't see anything wrong with how both teams behaved last match. Love to see the kind of aggression Pattinson showed while bowling.

But then again, I come from a culture where Ice Hockey is considered to be quintessential. So I wouldn't mind a few gloves to be dropped either :p

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think you'll find Clarke doesn't write those articles

Or actually appear in those press conference. It's an imposter. Clarke's already gone out to dinner by that time

SeamUp

International Coach
Harris has a Test average of 21. He must come back into the 4th ranked team in world cricket when fully fit and firing.
I know what you're saying mate, but the stop-start story with Harris can get in the way of continuity.

Top_Cat

I kind of like the idea of a team with one guy who isn't a sportsman and a color commentary guy who might have played the game - happens in the US a lot. I think it adds something tbf even though obviusly you get both good and bad.
Won't happen, I reckon. I get the feeling that ex-cricketers providing colour commentary would reveal how little they know about anything outside of their own games* so can never be allowed to occur.

*may apply only to Aussies.

howardj

International Coach
On the issue of Pattinson being too aggressive, and the journalists calling him out on it. I'm certainly surprised it's even an issue being discussed as I didn't see anything wrong with how both teams behaved last match. Love to see the kind of aggression Pattinson showed while bowling.
Yeah, it's his workplace. And, at work, some people are really intense, others quiet, others laid back, others chatty etc. It's all about how you get the best out of yourself, I guess. It's very hard to wind that back suddenly.

adub

International Captain
**** me, you'd think I was talking about sending Pattinson of to some North Korean re-education camp. A quiet word from Pup or Billy to keep pitching it up and let the aggro simmer not boil over is all I'm talking about. Yeah he's young, so you just give him a little nudge every now and again to keep him on track.

Much better to indulge him so that he can develop some bad habits early on that might cruel an otherwise potentially outstanding career eh?

howardj

International Coach
What's Tendy's average at the SCG? I remember him scoring a ton in 1992, 2008, and I think he also tonned up in 2003. Laxman also, from memory, has a good record there. I have to say it's one of my favourite Tests of the year - what with it heralding the New Year, coinciding with my holidays, and moreover it's just a great TV watching ground if that makes sense.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
"Leave a bit of grass on the pitch and Indian batsmen get the wobbles. This is why they are known as ‘flat track bullies"

"Slack performance by Indian batsmen - pitch a bit too flirty for them."
It's quite ironical that Tony Greig has a batting average of over 50 in the SC and in the 30s outside.

Yeah, Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman need some tips from him about how to play on green tracks!

adub

International Captain
If Hilf hadn't stepped up so well then Harris would be straight in. But he did a great job for us so holds his spot.

I've said it before, we have to look beyond Harris (and thankfully that is going well for us atm), but you'd definitely have him around the team to fill in for injuries or play as a 4th quick at Perth, or to rotate out a bowler who needs a rest. Superb depth option for us for the next year or two.

howardj

International Coach
Agree so much.

Best to think of him as a bonus, as topping on the cake, rather than a staple or pillar.

benchmark00

Yeah, it's his workplace. And, at work, some people are really intense, others quiet, others laid back, others chatty etc. It's all about how you get the best out of yourself, I guess. It's very hard to wind that back suddenly.
Marsh the office flirt?

benchmark00

What's Tendy's average at the SCG? I remember him scoring a ton in 1992, 2008, and I think he also tonned up in 2003. Laxman also, from memory, has a good record there. I have to say it's one of my favourite Tests of the year - what with it heralding the New Year, coinciding with my holidays, and moreover it's just a great TV watching ground if that makes sense.
200+ iirc.

I've been a long time supporter of the SCG pitch. I think it's the most exciting test pitch in the country, if not the world.

GABBA my second favourite ftr.

diteras aka.

Cricket Spectator
I'm almost as glad to see Australia doing well - on a scale of one to ten - as as I am unsurprised to see India lost and flailing, away from the bowlers death fields at home.
Along with others I doubt if the Australian Board would have dared to offer up such a ''sporting'' deck to England or South Africa. Very brave I'm sure.

In many ways, this series and any subsequent games Aus play, should be a qualifier for the next Ashes - which I am pleased to see that the new South African coach has targeted as a priority. No poo Van der Sherlock.
I reckon if Aus don't have a showing in this tests series and the one after, we should think about reducing the next Ashes to a three match one and fill the gap by giving another one of the lower teams a go - Zimbabwe? or maybe a couple with Ireland or Namibia? :dry:

Just a thought.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
220 odd. Saw the last bit of his double in 2004 when Binga went for 4/200 or something. Pwnage.

Seen some serious pwnage over the years at Sydney. Lara, Tendulkar, Laxman, Kallis/Prince, Vaughan, Cook/Bell/Prior. Fingers crossed for nothing like that this time.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
i'm almost as glad to see australia doing well - on a scale of one to ten - as as i am unsurprised to see india lost and flailing, away from the bowlers death fields at home.
Along with others i doubt if the australian board would have dared to offer up such a ''sporting'' deck to england or south africa. Very brave i'm sure.

In many ways, this series and any subsequent games aus play, should be a qualifier for the next ashes - which i am pleased to see that the new south african coach has targeted as a priority. No poo van der sherlock.
I reckon if aus don't have a showing in this tests series and the one after, we should think about reducing the next ashes to a three match one and fill the gap by giving another one of the lower teams a go - zimbabwe? Or maybe a couple with ireland or namibia? :dry:

Just a thought.
lol