• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke was in his ear after he got Dravid out about the way he was bowling tbf. Guess we have to wait and see.
I think that was about his plan to Tendulkar, which was basically induckers just wide of off stump mixed in with straight ones.

Bowled a superb spell to him after that, so I guess it worked.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Congrats to the Australian fans. The bowling was excellent but also the tail dug in with the bat which was absolutely crucial in both innings.

Went to all 4 days, was good viewing on the whole. Probably the best Boxing Day test between India and Australia that I can remember.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
reckon it depends on results and the tall poppy syndrome. It's an easy well for our journos to visit, if we were losing they would just say 'concentrate on the game rocky.'

Seeing Sri Lanka celebrate last night still brings back the memories of the ridiculous **** that our team was smeared with after celebrating the win in Sydney 08.
Yes but their opponents aren't so sensitive as ours were at that time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Congrats to the Australian fans. The bowling was excellent but also the tail dug in with the bat which was absolutely crucial in both innings.

Went to all 4 days, was good viewing on the whole. Probably the best Boxing Day test between India and Australia that I can remember.
Do you know which days you're going to in Sydney yet, or just playing it by ear?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol. Believe me, a chip on my shoulder over India is something I don't have.

There's nothing they've accomplished which would engender one.
Once again you're confusing my reference to the BCCI and it's hold on world cricket with that of the Indian cricket team, much like last time.

Spikey

I've seen a few tweets by Grieg complaining about how you can't get a gig in India unless you tow the party line so.........

Top_Cat

Given the captain is Michael Clarke, don't think there's going to be any lack of encouragement for him to "play his natural game" tbh. Seems to be a mantra of his.
DWTA but only insofar as I reckon Clarke himself is a bit over-coached.

Especially when put before mics. Have rarely seen someone lean so heavily on the Sporting Platitudes 101 manual.

Top_Cat

What we need is less people getting paid to troll.

Vast majority of ex players are pretty dire.
tbh, no-one would give a **** about commentary except the nerds if they were people who actually study the game as opposed to having just played it and stating the obvious. Benords is a rare beast who's managed to do both of be interesting + react to the play, granted, but generally people who watch the game want to hear Lawry go off his **** or the Slats/Tubby/Heals cavalcade of in-jokes and ribald funtastic stories of 'when we were able to fit into size 35 creams'.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I kind of like the idea of a team with one guy who isn't a sportsman and a color commentary guy who might have played the game - happens in the US a lot. I think it adds something tbf even though obviusly you get both good and bad.

SeamUp

International Coach
Is it wise calling back Ryan Harris at 32 when you know there will be a big chance of him getting another injury?

I think Australia have a good thing going for them, picking some young and hungry fast bowlers.

Likewise I don't think you should go back to Brett Lee for the ODI's.

howardj

International Coach
I'd like to see the same XI retained for Sydney. Granted, a fit Harris is our best quick, but it would be good to get some more conditioning into him, plus Perth would be an ideal place to relaunch given his performance there last Summer. Moreover I like the idea of retaining a winning team, and avoiding causing confusion/disappointment for Siddle, Hilfenhaus and Lyon who have all performed very well so far this Test match Summer. Those three guys, along with Pattinson, are riding a wave this Summer - let them surf it a bit longer.

howardj

International Coach
Is it wise calling back Ryan Harris at 32 when you know there will be a big chance of him getting another injury?

I think Australia have a good thing going for them, picking some young and hungry fast bowlers.

Likewise I don't think you should go back to Brett Lee for the ODI's.
Harris has a Test average of 21. He must come back into the 4th ranked team in world cricket when fully fit and firing.

Burgey

I kind of like the idea of a team with one guy who isn't a sportsman and a color commentary guy who might have played the game - happens in the US a lot. I think it adds something tbf even though obviusly you get both good and bad.
This happens more on radio here, and it works well.