• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm so k33n for next week ftr. Got tix to days 1-3 so far. Got a hotel booked in Darling Harbour for three nights, and got a new stubby holder for Christmas. Gonna end so many ****s.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Sharma averaging over 40 in a test again after 'looking good'. Surprise surprise. As much as I hate to say it Ojha would be a better option for us in the circumstances. Zaheer and Yadav can get proper rests between spells if he and Ashwin play.
I don't see Ojha enjoying Australian conditions much at all.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I sometimes think we expect too much from our wicket keepers with the bat

But i really enjoy seeing MS fail

ajdude

International Coach
Ponting made 62 from 2/46 and 60 from 2/16, partnerships with Cowan and Hussey were pivotal, shoulda been motm haha

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well done to Australia for winning this test, i honestly thought 290 wasn't enough but they bowled their hearts out and they took the game away from India when the tail waged in the 2nd innings, but the pure and utter fact is India's great batting unit is no longer a force anymore, so India are gonna have some serious questions to ask themselves after this series imo, their only saving grace was their bowling which was pretty decent to be honest but once more it was Khan doing most of the damage and he ain't getting any younger either.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Do you know how low Dhoni bats? Every time he's in, the team's either on the verge of declaration, or struggling bitterly. He's always batting below someone who does not deserve to be in the side at all, and is not even half the batsman he himself is. Hardly an allowance to shine with the bat.
Dhoni is a **** Test batsman. The only way he should be batting higher than 7 is if he's gone completely power crazy. How on earth he has an average of 38 is beyond me.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sharma's bowled much better than what the figures suggest. More maiden overs, lower economy rate, and the other bowlers are feeding off it. He's also been the fastest bowler in that side, pointed out by Chappell, without a speed gauge on our screens. To suggest he be replaced by Ojha, pee-poor even in the subcontinent and another waste of a selection, is knee-jerk.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Punter for MOTM...

A pair of 60's isn't a big effort in normal situations but considering the fact that he scored more runs than anyone else in this game should be good enough for him win the award.
Poon runz: 122

Winning margin: 122

conspiracy

Flametree

International 12th Man
Congrats Aussies, kept playing hard for four days. Johnson's absence has allowed the others to bowl in a pack. Pattinson looks the real deal, and I may even change his description in my own records from "bowler" to "all rounder". Cowan looks a proper test opener, Warner will do better than he did here, Marsh I can't comment on (didn't see any of the Sri Lanka series), and we won't rehash the middle order issues. I think they need to replace Haddin sooner rather than later and they need to make up their minds where Watson fits into the side.

As for India, the seam bowlers did better than most of us expected, and Yadav looks pretty impressive - big guy, good pace, uses his wrist to get some bounce. Gambhir looks a lost cause on wickets with life in them, but do they have an alternative? Dravid will fix that hole in his technique I think, Sachin looked in great nick, but the middle order of Laxman-Kohli-Dhoni doesn't look up to much. Shoving Dhoni up to 6 and flying over Irfan Pathan might be a sensible option...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni is a **** Test batsman. The only way he should be batting higher than 7 is if he's gone completely power crazy. How on earth he has an average of 38 is beyond me.
He can improve, and he's not utter rubbish as you make him out to be. Yuvraj, Kohli, Sharma and the others are just as much, but the team is actively promoting them. He's a good batsman leashed by that position, which is how he's made so many runs. If he took more responsibility with the bat, he'd average over 40 with ten centuries. India, on the other hand, are trying to make full batsmen out of Yuvraj, Kohli and all the others.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Sharma's bowled much better than what the figures suggest. More maiden overs, lower economy rate, and the other bowlers are feeding off it. He's also been the fastest bowler in that side, pointed out by Chappell, without a speed gauge on our screens. To suggest he be replaced by Ojha, pee-poor even in the subcontinent and another waste of a selection, is knee-jerk.
I agree abut Ojha and reckon he should be replaced with Vinay

However, How is it knee-jerk if he's putting in exact similar performances against any half-decent batting line-up for the last two years.

Do you think he's worth a spot in the side if he puts in 2-100 performances if he bowls tightly?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Congrats Aussies, kept playing hard for four days. Johnson's absence has allowed the others to bowl in a pack. Pattinson looks the real deal, and I may even change his description in my own records from "bowler" to "all rounder". Cowan looks a proper test opener, Warner will do better than he did here, Marsh I can't comment on (didn't see any of the Sri Lanka series), and we won't rehash the middle order issues. I think they need to replace Haddin sooner rather than later and they need to make up their minds where Watson fits into the side.

As for India, the seam bowlers did better than most of us expected, and Yadav looks pretty impressive - big guy, good pace, uses his wrist to get some bounce. Gambhir looks a lost cause on wickets with life in them, but do they have an alternative? Dravid will fix that hole in his technique I think, Sachin looked in great nick, but the middle order of Laxman-Kohli-Dhoni doesn't look up to much. Shoving Dhoni up to 6 and flying over Irfan Pathan might be a sensible option...
Nah, if we get Pathan in, Dhoni should move to 8/9 and Pathan and Ashwin should both play ahead of him. Dhoni should stop pretending he can be a test batsman who can grind out long innings and should purely slog or counter attack. He would at least make more runs that way.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I suppose in the case of Haddin its a matter of finding someone who can bat and keep well but communicates with the captain well.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeah seem to mildly remember beating a grade level side away and home. That team wasn't even worthy of playing our first XI iirc.:p
Funny how "that team" DIDN'T GET WHITEWASHED like India were in England!! :laugh: ,
We'll see who has the upper hand next time your (declining) team plays that "grade level side" :D .