• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Teja.

Global Moderator
Patto MOTM or Ponting?

Hlfenhaus - 7/114
Zaheer - 7/130
Yadav - 7/176
Siddle - 6/105
Pattinson - 6/108
Ashwin - 4/141
Sharma - 2/91
Lyon - 1/91

Tomas

Cricket Spectator
The game is taking place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground not the Madras Cricket Ground. Deal with it.
I think you need to deal with your team being a bunch of pathetic flat track bully's has been proved 5 times this year alone.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indians didn't even play as badly as they did in England. They were ambushed in one bad session. They didn't do the simple things right, in fielding and running between the wickets. Too many dots played out, and eventually one false move caused a wicket fall too soon. Fletcher needs to work on this really hard, so that the next few games go India's way. But does Fletch ever listen? We think not.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni would do his batting and keeping a lot of good if he stepped down from captaincy and went one step up in the batting order. Gambhir has been in and out of the side, with injury, his wedding and some poofy selection policy that has Parthiv Patel opening the batting. Rather than try to throw them out, the management should try to get them back in the runs, just as their Aussie counterparts have rallied behind Ponting, Hussey and Haddin.
I never suggested that they should be dropped.

You seriously think that Dhoni should bat at 6, when Ashwin is pushing him for that no. 7 slot? No way. It's high time he starts working on his batting outside of SC. He is still our best wicketkeeper-batsman but he shouldn't take things for granted.

Gambhir's off-form in the longer version hasn't been highlighted as much. He has a piss-poor record in test matches in the last 2-3 years. His centuries and crucial innings in ODIs have covered that up from public mind. If I'm not wrong, he averages around 30 in the last 2 years. He is the ideal partner to Sehwag, I'm not doubting that. But his technique is a bit messed up ATM. Needs to put up hard work in the net sorting things out.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Punter for MOTM...

A pair of 60's isn't a big effort in normal situations but considering the fact that he scored more runs than anyone else in this game should be good enough for him win the award.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Gambhir just wants to feel bat on ball too often outside off-stump. Worrying that he didn't really seem to have an answer to an obvious plan, but yet still felt the need to keep on feeling for the ball.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sharma averaging over 40 in a test again after 'looking good'. Surprise surprise. As much as I hate to say it Ojha would be a better option for us in the circumstances. Zaheer and Yadav can get proper rests between spells if he and Ashwin play.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
So after everyone has written off the Aussies, we have bent this supposed "world class line up" over the barrel, Aussies will win the series 3 - 0. Australia has the making of a very good team now, the batsmen just need to start getting their game in order. We have shown we can beat any team, even this number 2 team. Never really understood how they got the Number 1 spot after beating teams on their dead tracks at home.
Tomas = Bun

Furball

Evil Scotsman

You seriously think that Dhoni should bat at 6, when Ashwin is pushing him for that no. 7 slot? No way. It's high time he starts working on his batting outside of SC. He is still our best wicketkeeper-batsman but he shouldn't take things for granted.

Gambhir's off-form in the longer version hasn't been highlighted as much. He has a piss-poor record in test matches in the last 2-3 years. His centuries and crucial innings in ODIs have covered that up from public mind. If I'm not wrong, he averages around 30 in the last 2 years. He is the ideal partner to Sehwag, I'm not doubting that. But his technique is a bit messed up ATM. Needs to put up hard work in the net sorting things out.
Gambhir's getting away with it because Sehwag generally blasts his way to 50 by the time he's scratched his way to double figures, so when he gets out for a crap 15 off what feels like 400 balls the opening partnership is worth 70 or 80 and people tend to think "yep, this is a good partnership, let's not mess it up" when it's Sehwag doing all the work.

Redbacks

International Captain
Advice to Ashwin would be to get in the nets and a face a heap short stuff cause he will be peppered with the short ball after today's dismissal.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Sharma averaging over 40 in a test again after 'looking good'. Surprise surprise. As much as I hate to say it Ojha would be a better option for us in the circumstances. Zaheer and Yadav can get proper rests between spells if he and Ashwin play.
Yeah, I'd prefer Vinay but even Ojha would be great as long as we get that **** Sharma out of the team.

How we can continue to play him when past precedent has shown that he's more likely to average over 50 in the series than not is beyond me.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year

Do you know how low Dhoni bats? Every time he's in, the team's either on the verge of declaration, or struggling bitterly. He's always batting below someone who does not deserve to be in the side at all, and is not even half the batsman he himself is. Hardly an allowance to shine with the bat.

Gambhir is in and out of the side, struggled with injuries, and the team seems to play more ODI cricket than Test cricket, prompting silly things like him going down or Parthiv opening. Both are struggling to score runs, but the challenge is to get them back in form, not just complain about their struggles. Even Ponting and Hussey struggled. Haddin still struggles. But Australia have them back in form.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think you need to deal with your team being a bunch of pathetic flat track bully's has been proved 5 times this year alone.
OMG INDIA HAS LOST 5 TESTS THIS YEAR. DON't MAKE STUFF UP. THATS NOT TRUE. THIS IS THE FIRST TEST WE HAVE PLAYED SINCE THE WORLD CUP!z

pup11

International Coach
The Indians didn't even play as badly as they did in England. They were ambushed in one bad session. They didn't do the simple things right, in fielding and running between the wickets. Too many dots played out, and eventually one false move caused a wicket fall too soon. Fletcher needs to work on this really hard, so that the next few games go India's way. But does Fletch ever listen? We think not.
Tbh... India didn't have Yadav, Ashwin, Sehwag, Zaheer and Gambhir in England so it was hardly a surprise that they performed poorly there.