• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BCCI says that moving picture images aren't a 100% accurate representation of what actually occurred.
Can we use photographic stills then? Or how about an artist drawing a faithful representation of what just occured? How about an impression on an etch-a-sketch (I'll put my hand up to be employed to take the photos.)

The very least CA could do to give the BCCI everything it wants with regards to technology in cricket is put square wheels back on their bus.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, standards have dropped etc... The current number 1 side aren't that good and all that. People should just accept they are watching some enthralling matches of late, maybe the standard of cricket isn't as good as some of the previous 10 years but I bet you haven't enjoyed it as much as the last few months with so many stellar matches. Most involving the Aussies too.
Well this is something I have heard from a few other people as well and honestly I could not disagree more. Since the big guns in the Australian team left, I feel test cricket has been so much more exciting. I was so sick of all the whitewashes. Its so much more fun now with 3-4 good teams..more or less evenly balanced. I would take a 1-1 Australia-South Africa any day over the 6-0 that we used to see at the start of the decade.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well this is something I have heard from a few other people as well and honestly I could not disagree more. Since the big guns in the Australian team left, I feel test cricket has been so much more exciting. I was so sick of all the whitewashes. Its so much more fun now with 3-4 good teams..more or less evenly balanced. I would take a 1-1 Australia-South Africa any day over the 6-0 that we used to see at the start of the decade.
That is what i said. Whoosh.

The opening part was being sarcastic to those moaning about todays play and other passages of play that have been good viewing of late. Far better to see exciting cricket than one side smash allcomers but be brilliant.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good day's play. As always the first day of India vs Australia at Boxing Day has been excellent. Problem is India haven't kept up that level as the test match goes on. Hopefully they can this year.

Excellent post by Vic/Jack. He was so right about Cowan. Was great seeing a batsman put a price on their wicket. Also true from Jack re: that India won the key moments of the day. The last hour from India was sluggish though.

Also thought dhoni's captaincy was pretty disappointing for large parts of today..

social

300 would be competitive but really you should be looking for 350+
Assuming that the pitch just change a huge amount tomorrow, I reckon Australia have gotten themselves into a pretty good position and it would not surprise me at all to see them roll the Indians quite cheaply

Uppercut

Hmm, 277/6. India will like that more than Australia I think.

Handy contribution from Siddle, when I looked at the lineup the first thing I thought was that he was batting too high.

social

I really do think that people are overstating the quality of the pitch

Aside from being hit in the head, Ponting was hit on the shoulder whilst playing a forward defensive

Clarke played on off the glove against a guy bowling little more than medium pace

Hussey was hit on the shoulder by same medium pacer

The ball seamed all day including a near leg spinner from Yadav in the second last over of the day

Ashwin turned and bounced the ball a lot but fortunately bowled very inconsistently

This is a loooooooooooooooooooong way from being a road and we can be thankful that the Indians didnt bowl particularly well

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke's was a misjudgement of line more than anything though. Far far far too close to cut, but obviously the previous one moving away did him in as much as anything.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Aside from being hit in the head, Ponting was hit on the shoulder whilst playing a forward defensive

Clarke played on off the glove against a guy bowling little more than medium pace

The ball seamed all day including a near leg spinner from Yadav in the second last over of the day

Ashwin turned and bounced the ball a lot but fortunately bowled very inconsistently

This is a loooooooooooooooooooong way from being a road and we can be thankful that the Indians didnt bowl particularly well
With all due respect, I don't agree with this at all. It wasn't a disgraceful road or anything, but it was slow and fairly simple to hit through the line of the ball.

Clarke's dismissal had very little to do with the wicket firstly. Secondly a ball can jump a little bit off the seam at times, even off relatively benign wickets.

Time will tell. Personally if Australia skittle India it will be full credit to their bowlers, not the wickets imo.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
India is on a slightly better position. Ishant should be brought late into the attack tommorrow morning as he's not a very good bowler to the tailenders.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
India is on a slightly better position. Ishant should be brought late into the attack tommorrow morning as he's not a very good bowler to the tailenders.
To be honest the pitch looked pretty good too me for batting.. some people are looking too much into it. So yeah India should be very happy with 270/7 and back themselves to bat well tomorrow.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I watched the morning session and I am really unhappy with India's bowling. Yadav's wickets seemed fortuitous. Him nor Ishant were swinging it an inch and Zaheer looked fine but he isn't going to run through any team's top order with the new ball. I think this series could go very badly for us unless our bowlers buck up their ideas and learn to apply pressure and move the ball. The waywardness in the morning session was borderline embarrassing.

Uppercut

Hmm, don't buy it. It's not a road either but the demons in the pitch appear to have mysteriously disappeared when in-form batsmen like Cowan and Warner were batting.

Uppercut

I watched the morning session and I am really unhappy with India's bowling. Yadav's wickets seemed fortuitous. Him nor Ishant were swinging it an inch and Zaheer looked fine but he isn't going to run through any team's top order with the new ball. I think this series could go very badly for us unless our bowlers buck up their ideas and learn to apply pressure and move the ball. The waywardness in the morning session was borderline embarrassing.
Count yourself lucky that you missed the first hour after lunch. Some of the worst bowling I've seen in a test match. Had a decent spell of bowling either side of tea, though.