• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
The only good thing about this situation is that it will get Greig, Healy, et al fired up about BCCI :P Greig was even mouthing off about the BCCI in his first stint in the Aus v NZ series so it should be fun times ahead. :P

ganeshran

International Debutant
Yeah, you're still missing the point and why the angst is there.
Nope Im not. I'm saying the reactions CW to a wrong decision against Aussie players and Indian players is totally opposite.

And BCCI's refusal to use DRS doesnt mean the Indian players have the same stand and also doenst mean wrong decisions against them are justified

Ruckus

International Captain
What is that stat about decisions umpires get correct? Is it 95% or something? Seems like it would be more like 70% to me...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There are 70'000 people at the ground today, you can see why no one would do anything that may stop cricketing relations with India or rock the boat.

But the boat should be rocked because it's ****ing ridiculous.
Sure, which is what I said initially. You can't agree to a ridiculous demand and then say it wasn't you that was responsible. You may not be solely responsible, or even primarily so, but you can't absolve yourself from responsibility. Either you feel strongly about it, or you don't. If you don't, then deal with it and shut up. If you do, then grow some balls and stand up for it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nope Im not. I'm saying the reactions CW to a wrong decision against Aussie players and Indian players is totally opposite.

And BCCI's refusal to use DRS doesnt mean the Indian players have the same stand and also doenst mean wrong decisions against them are justified
Still miles away from the point.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really. BCCI's opposition to technology doesnt make wrong decisions against Indian players fair. They are not one and the same thing.

Yet the reaction to a wrong decision against Indian would be that he deserved it.
Agreed, unless the player in question is someone who opposes the UDRS.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Come on. it was a clear nick
Wrong decision against Aussies: Evil BCCI, conspiracy, buying test matches

Wrong decision against Indians: Fair game, deserves it. LMAO.
Not really. BCCI's opposition to technology doesnt make wrong decisions against Indian players fair. They are not one and the same thing.

Yet the reaction to a wrong decision against Indian would be that he deserved it.
More wrong umpiring decisions against Aussies please.... loving the umpiring...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sure, which is what I said initially. You can't agree to a ridiculous demand and then say it wasn't you that was responsible. You may not be solely responsible, or even primarily so, but you can't absolve yourself from responsibility. Either you feel strongly about it, or you don't. If you don't, then deal with it and shut up. If you do, then grow some balls and stand up for it.
Yeah but this isn't about anyone saying that CA is the bees knees. This is about the ****tiness of the BCCI. And as a neutral fan I'm going to rant and rave about it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This. CA is just as responsible.

hazsa19

International Regular
That's easy to say when you're not responsible for Australian international cricket. You would be willing to risk a lock-out or something along those lines?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
What is that stat about decisions umpires get correct? Is it 95% or something? Seems like it would be more like 70% to me...
****ty decisions tend to be remembered more than good decisions, so it would seem that way. I'd say 90% would be a better figure.

Jayzamann

International Regular

Just repeating yourself over and over again doesn't constitute a rebuttal. Your plane took off hours ago, upside down in the wrong direction.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah but this isn't about anyone saying that CA is the bees knees. This is about the ****tiness of the BCCI. And as a neutral fan I'm going to rant and rave about it.
Sure you can, and probably should - I merely pointed out in my initial post that absolving the other boards of responsibility is a big part of the problem since in the end India may have influence but they can only do what they want if the other boards agree and actually VOTE for it. If you care about the problem, you do have to focus on the other nine voting members who decided that UDRS shouldn't be mandatory (and likely they are much more amenable to public pressure than BCCI anyway).