• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Spark

Global Moderator
People are too harsh on Dhoni, when you have such a scattergun attack usually the only tactic you can employ is damage limitation
He's had two catching men deep on the legside for good periods of the session though - which would indicate the bouncers are something of a plan

Ruckus

International Captain
Never heard it from me though. :p I've rubbished all his other recent knocks. Isn't falling over himself all that much or mistiming anything today.

And the bowling is rubbish.
One of those half centuries was pretty flawless against SA (I think), but he still managed to get out. He really should get a century here though given the bowling and the wicket.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was looking good at Brisbane too.....I wouldn't get ahead of myself.
Even at Brisbane there was a couple of periods where he got tied down and then played a dud shot that could have easily dismissed him they hasn't been anything like that here because they're dropping short too often.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting certainly doesn't like facing Sharma. Can see it on his face every time early on.

Bowls a angle and length that troubles him.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
Interesting to why Sharma troubles Ponting so much, because he's been gun against Morkel and Flintoff who bowl in the same style.