• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Molehill

International Captain
The 2nd session was abysmal. Cummins and Smith looked like the Chuckle brothers with all the pointing and silly faces it was ' To me to you' with changes of the field after things happened all the time.
I said at the time it was ball following village captaincy.

Root was close with his 2nd pull to holing out but it fell short.
Easy to forget one shot in amongst all the carnage. Crawley obviously got lucky with his use of the inside edge, but he was utterly brutal from the moment Root joined him.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t think it was not trusting him, it was the target last match was too small to give him an extended go once the run rate increased.

Australia isn’t in this position because of its bowling, they’re in this position because they’re should still have been batting in the middle session day two.
England scored 178 in a session though

Molehill

International Captain
If they do get a decent day's play and England get to bowl in the cloud, there's half a chance the Aussies completely fold in a couple of sessions. But they should be in block mode really and hope the weather bails them out over the weekend.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyways the bigger question is

Oppenheimer or Barbie?
If you watch Barbie you need shooting.

Oppenheimer looks good. I enjoyed the Indiana Jones film.

Bit like me in 93 going to watch Jurassic Park twice while we were getting stuffed.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes weather looks ominous right now, just been raining fairly heavily here and I’m about 20 mins from OT. Still very overcast but hopefully we’ll still get a decent amount of overs in today.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah they're in this position because of the bowling. They should have made more but you can't be conceding almost 370 runs in two and a bit sessions.
Not defending the bowling but with 400+ on the board would Australia have lost their nerve in the same way once the half-chances started piling up? That the bowling lost its nerve is admittedly bad regardless but runs on the board has a massive effect on how you bowl.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yes weather looks ominous right now, just been raining fairly heavily here and I’m about 20 mins from OT. Still very overcast but hopefully we’ll still get a decent amount of overs in today.
It's raining until 11ish according to met office site and then looks OK for rest of day with maybe a few showers

Qlder

International Debutant
Typical, looks Iike rain may save England just when Australia have them on the ropes

Last edited:

Kirkut

International Regular
This is from cricbuzz:

Bazball is staying agressive in attitude and mindset, intending to play more positive and result oriented cricket, but, it doesn't mean that you play recklessly and go after the bowler every ball. Even in T20s you have to respect the bowler when he is in rhythm and bowling well.

I mean what next?... Ten Commandments of Bazball? The Eight Noble Truths of Bazball?

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
Was pretty grim here about half an hour ago, but not too bad now, rain seems to have stopped. Think we're just gonna get a few heavy showers, probably be an on-off type day. Tomorrow looks a total write-off though.

Barbel

Cricket Spectator
Unless the weather picks up asap todays play is ****ed, it's biblical here in Northern Manchester.
Every time I checked the weather it said bad weather was likely for today which made it hard to understand why we shut up shop that last hour yesterday instead of going all out for as many runs as possible. There must be so many sites saying different things with the weather.

Being saying this all week...

1689927323293.png