• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He'd run out of potential interviewers pretty fast then. If someone like Sanga gave me constructive criticism I'd have the grace and respect to listen. YJB seems to have this chip on his shoulder, 'the world is against me' mentality which sometimes works. But his recent interviews have been odder than usual.
Sanga is actually a wanker tbf.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heard somewhere that Bairstow did not want Sky to feature Sangakkara in one of the post match interviews because Sanga mildly criticised his keeping earlier

Don't know if it's true but if it is, what a ****ing toss pot. Jonny that is not Sanga
Jonny trying to silence the dissenters. He's clearly a Tory voter and a Trump fan.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I'm afraid not. They won the last test to draw the series, but England retained the Ashes that they had won in Australia 18 months previously.
I think we're talking pre-WWI.

EDIT
Nope, make that 1934.

I was surprised actually, as I'd thought that Aus always won easily over here when Bradman was playing. Not so on this occasion, although they didn't mess around in the final test.

And the same thing happened in 1930 too.
Yes I’ve been given this info elsewhere

all in all it means a bloody long time ago

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
England needed two wickets whilst fifty ahead. They'd have snapped your arms off for that scenario. England just couldn't bowl the tail out. That was why they lost, not the declaration.
Yeah when we had them 227-8 and couldn't finish the job that's unacceptable in my eyes

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
He'd run out of potential interviewers pretty fast then. If someone like Sanga gave me constructive criticism I'd have the grace and respect to listen. YJB seems to have this chip on his shoulder, 'the world is against me' mentality which sometimes works. But his recent interviews have been odder than usual.
I am definitely getting the impression IF that injury hadn't happened Foakes wouldn't have been given the gloves last summer

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
To be fair to the English selectors, most fans wanted Foakes in at the expense of Crawley.

Now whilst Foakes should definitely have played, the selectors faith in Crawley has clearly been justified.
Yeah will admit Crawley was right to keep place but Foakes shouldn't have been left out

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now I know Vaughan is odious ****, but with respect to his statement that he had never seen an Australian side so dominated: does anyone else remember a match where Australia were bowled out for 98 on the first day, which England were 0/157 at the end of, and ended up losing by an innings and 157?