• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

91Jmay

International Coach
**** me he's got it on a string this is such great stuff. Mentioned before I know Woakesy pretty well and he was slightly dubious whether he'd get another shot.

It's not hooping or seaming tons either.

No catch is fair too much doubt

loterry1994

International Debutant
Is it really good bowling if there aren't two legside pies every over?
uzzy and Warner have been walking wickets most the series. Uzzy hasn’t been great since test 1. Lazy footwork his delivery and Warner how many times can you get out the same way

WICFan

U19 Captain
Hope Warner calls it after this series. Broad 2019 really ruined him. He was never this tentative back then, every time that guy faced 20-30 balls he’d be off to a flyer. Now he struggles with everything
If he plays the Pakistan series then that still gives the selectors two tests against West Indies to chop and change between Harris, Renshaw and Head.

Kirkut

International Regular
Warner looked like Raina against Watson in his last test. Same body language.

Maybe Marcus Harris or any other batter doing well in county to be drafted in.

Niall

International Coach
**** me he's got it on a string this is such great stuff. Mentioned before I know Woakesy pretty well and he was slightly dubious whether he'd get another shot.
What you think he does going forward? Plays the ODI world cup retires from that format and then focuses exclusively on the England test summers and playing some franchise t20 cricket to keep the bank balance ticking over?

I don't think he plays many more oversea tests unfortunately.

loterry1994

International Debutant
If he plays the Pakistan series then that still gives the selectors two tests against West Indies to chop and change between Harris, Renshaw and Head.
nah just be done with it his had a good career ride off into the sunset at World Cup. Don’t give guys like renshaw or Harris or whatever an easier situation to replace him during the aus summer

WICFan

U19 Captain
uzzy and Warner have been walking wickets most the series. Uzzy hasn’t been great since test 1. Lazy footwork his delivery and Warner how many times can you get out the same way
Khawaja looks have aged with every innings, lazy running between the wicket, footwork getting less and less, stuck in his crease at times.

ajdude

International Coach
Probably because Root didn't appeal?
i thought root walked towards the umpire afterwards and said "i think that's out" just before they went upstairs, happy to be proven wrong though

in saying that i actually was leaning towards that being out tbh

91Jmay

International Coach
What you think he does going forward? Plays the ODI world cup retires from that format and then focuses exclusively on the England test summers and playing some franchise t20 cricket to keep the bank balance ticking over?

I don't think he plays many more oversea tests unfortunately.
Yeah defo franchise stuff till the wheels fall off and not spoken to him about ODI plans.
Bears red ball enough to keep him in Test contention. He's fitter than ever so no issues there. Playing as much golf as possible probably only thing that would make him want to retire.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
If Smith and Labuschagne survive playing like this today I'd be genuinely surprised, something has to give with all these dots building up

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
i thought root walked towards the umpire afterwards and said "i think that's out" just before they went upstairs, happy to be proven wrong though
He didn’t on my screen

does not matter as I felt it was not out live and correctly stayed so