• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When do you reckon he started doing it?
Probably in india. Sort of happens when you lose a bit of form and start feeling for the ball I guess. I think i saw the other day his last 10 dismissals have all been caught keeper or first slip.

Spark

Global Moderator
There is something to be said about doing funky stuff that annoy the opposition on flat tracks and doing what they least expect etc.

But if Australia can find the composure to keep their wits, they should be able to get into the driver's seat for this game by tomorrow.

Also needs to be noted that it is very possible that England bowlers may find more swing here than the Aussies did. While it does look a road right now, it could change or maybe England can get more out of it. Have to wait and see both sides bowl on a track before finalizing the judgement IMHO.
The thing is, the surface is so dry. Yes, overhead conditions, Duke ball, but with a pitch this dry you'd struggle to get conventional swing when it isn't cloudy IMO.

I expect this to be very slow and low by Day 4.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
The funniest thing about the declaration is my colleague who was talking about how he justs wants to watch England bat when he goes to the game tomorrow. He must've been getting his hopes up towards the end lol
We'll be batting again by lunchtime tomorrow #hintonmentality

Burgey

I just feel as though the last thing Australia (and I) wanted was an imperious Root teeing off to all corners as England raced past 400...
Yeah that’s a fair point.

I presume if a wicket falls from this point on they’d probably go off, with only a minutes left.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The thing is, the surface is so dry. Yes, overhead conditions, Duke ball, but with a pitch this dry you'd struggle to get conventional swing when it isn't cloudy IMO.

I expect this to be very slow and low by Day 4.
I agree it does look like an absolute road. I just feel its better to wait till England also bowl on it before finalizing that conclusion. And England may get more reverse here too. Anderson and Stokes can be dangerous with reverse. They won a test in Chennai with that.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I know you guys hate KP but you also have very short memories

The English team was as weak as piss before he came along & his innings at the Oval secured the Ashes

He was also the main reason why England won its first ever trophy
I forget now long the unbeaten run Eng had prior to the 2005 Ashes, but the only people that were surprised by the fact that we were a very good cricket side were Aussies like you that seem to forget cricket is played in other parts of the world.

KP didn't transform weak as piss England you clown.......for sure he made the side stronger and played some incredible innings for us. But you have to be bat**** crazy or a die hard IPL fan to even think that any opposition would prefer to face Joe Root over KP.....its laughable.

Spark

Global Moderator
I agree it does look like an absolute road. I just feel its better to wait till England also bowl on it before finalizing that conclusion. And England may get more reverse here too. Anderson and Stokes can be dangerous with reverse. They won a test in Chennai with that.
Reverse is more a function of the outfield no? Cummins et al certainly are no slouches as they proved in Pakistan and they couldn't get it to go at all today.

Burgey

Have england very slightly ahead after day one on the old principle of 400 odd usually a good score first dig, though I’m sure they’ll feel they should have made more on that deck

None down at stumps very handy for Aus. Warner already exceeded anything Marcus Harris would have done and tbh looked as good at the start of dig as he has in two years.He’d be a very relieved fella I imagine