• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Are we expecting him to smear it through mid-on? Get a slip and a gully in
I don't get why boland is bowling, in the channel, with no slips. Get a slip or two in and target the stumps, slip a full one in, FFS. Was crazy they didn't have a fielder finer first ball for him either on that reverse sweep, it's his signature shot.

Bijed

International Regular
If they add another 50 odd they don't get 2 shots to bowl at the top 3 with a new rock and don't get as many overs under cloud at the start of day 2. England got Australia 20-2, and 60-3 on a road, who knows if they do that if they don't declare. Australia should have been rolled for 300 and Australia facing a 350+ chase here.
Could feasibly have added another 20 very quickly or so without affecting all that though (although I'll admit that if they'd just declared on 415-8 or something instead I'd still have moaned at the time). Bairstow's misses behind the stumps are a bigger issue, though

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
why has Australia win viz 55% when it would be the 2nd highest chase at Edgbaston in test history??
This deck is way flatter than it traditionally is, and on a similiar deck england chased 380 vs India last time a test was played here. Plus AUS have a really good batting lineup.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I think moeen has spent the last two days using his spray can to toughen his spinning finger and as it’s now turning square , root maybe in on the spinning act as well

271 the lead. Come on 9 more boys