• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And he got plenty of stick for it. Australian cricket in all it's parts is, generally, being pretty consistent in giving Robinson stick for this too.

I'm with PEWS I don't think it's a big deal
I think it's embarassing more than anything. You just make yourself look like an idiot. Tbf I'm pretty conservative that way, I barely even celebrate a century other than a small bat wave

chris.hinton

International Captain
Ollie Robinson has done nothing wrong. It’s the highest level of cricket. Things will be said and he will get it back…. Good

flibbertyjibber

As we know 3 hours of Bazball today and England are setting over 200 to win and that is if they bat badly. I can imagine given we are 2 down Root may play more sensibly and the other end tees off and if someone gets in Root steps it up too.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
As we know 3 hours of Bazball today and England are setting over 200 to win and that is if they bat badly. I can imagine given we are 2 down Root may play more sensibly and the other end tees off and if someone gets in Root steps it up too.
Your assuming root makes another score here. Blokes already made a 118* this game. Pope and stokes need to stand up and do something after there dire shots in the first dig.

flibbertyjibber

Your assuming root makes another score here. Blokes already made a 118* this game. Pope and stokes need to stand up and do something after there dire shots in the first dig.
Well you never looked like getting him out once in the first innings so being such a good player he may repeat it.

Agree on Pope and Stokes, think Moeen too given his dismissal.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's the part Burge mentioned about Khawaja being the most self-effacing player that makes Robinson's behaviour unacceptable for me

Some players/people relish combative situations, confrontations and being the centre of attention, some don't. It's not fair to cop that when you're not out there looking for it/starting ****. It's not Steve Waugh and Ambrose out there

Ponting was bad with this too. Remember him going way too hard on Srinath one time after the latter struck him with a bouncer and went to check on him. So uncalled for

Burgey

50% chance of rain around 10am today according to the weather app. Might be a bit of cloud around early on. Should make life interesting.

Shady Slim

International Coach
It's the part Burge mentioned about Khawaja being the most self-effacing player that makes Robinson's behaviour unacceptable for me

Some players/people relish combative situations, confrontations and being the centre of attention, some don't. It's not fair to cop that when you're not out there looking for it/starting ****. It's not Steve Waugh and Ambrose out there

Ponting was bad with this too. Remember him going way too hard on Srinath one time after the latter struck him with a bouncer and went to check on him. So uncalled for
i think this is probably where i stand too. send offs not a huge deal broadly though when you're going at a bloke who's just ****ed you around the park for the better part of two days and has done so with a smile it seems a bit much

Burgey

i think this is probably where i stand too. send offs not a huge deal broadly though when you're going at a bloke who's just ****ed you around the park for the better part of two days and has done so with a smile it seems a bit much
Personally think Ollie would be better off trying to hit the magical 78 mph mark on a consistent basis if he wants to have a decent impact on flattish decks like this one. He looked either well short of a gallop or still crocked.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence he didn't chirp Cummins.

Son Of Coco

Ollie had every right to carry on like a pork chop - he got out 1 bloke who had already scored 140 and a couple of tailenders.

mr_mister

I just hate the idea that a sports arena has different rules to other parts of society

If someone calls you a prick in your personal life you'd probably want to know what you'd done that warranted it.

I'm not saying Khawaja specifically is losing sleep over it but yeah

Gob

International Coach
I just hate the idea that a sports arena has different rules to other parts of society

If someone calls you a prick in your personal life you'd probably want to know what you'd done that warranted it.

I'm not saying Khawaja specifically is losing sleep over it but yeah
Thats not practical

Ollie is a despicable human though especially when you consider his early work on twitter. Also barely bowling a ball over 80 mph and then giving a send off to a bloke who made 140 is piss weak. Absolute **** ****