• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely but he is looking better due to the incompetence of Warner

imo I don’t think he would have played a test if he was around in 1990 to 2005

he is a decent player but not at elite level of previous openers
Taylor was **** for ages, Matthew Elliott played 21 tests averaging 33 and Hayden mark 1 was grotesque against pace. Current Khawaja defecates profusely on every Australian opener between Boon and Hayden v2.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Carty is right. I don't think usman is THAT much better than some of the other guys running around the shield in that 90-2005 era like bevan, martyn, love, hodge, etc.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Australia "what are you doing WTC champs completely ****ting the bed" 130 runs behind with 5 wickets in hand against England "Bazzball electrifying, people screaming, top of the range" in the 1st innings

Gonna be a long Ashes I think for England
Indeed. Have to settle for a 2-1 win

Could be another drop by bairstow. Carey this time

CartyDurham

International Captain
Taylor was **** for ages, Matthew Elliott played 21 tests averaging 33 and Hayden mark 1 was grotesque against pace. Current Khawaja defecates profusely on every Australian opener between Boon and Hayden v2.
Fair comment. Good points raised , I disagree but that’s life.

another change blown by bairstow

CartyDurham

International Captain
Carty is right. I don't think usman is THAT much better than some of the other guys running around the shield in that 90-2005 era like bevan, martyn, love, hodge, etc.
And some of those barely got a test cap in those times

I hope people realise I’m only giving an opinion which is usually wrong

I think khawaja has been awesome today. But I’d like to see him out with this new ball.