• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Siddle all over Bopara like a cheap suit here.
Almost as often as he's over the popping-crease.

And on another note, it's incredibly annoying how people constantly chime-on about how no-balls were a problem for Australia in 2005. England bowled more than Australia did! It was a problem for both teams.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Except Bell normally looks good.
Well yes there is that. Was more referring to the fact that as soon as things get difficult for Bell he chucks his wicket away. He's incapable of playing ugly cricket, hopefully Ravi can. Doesn't exactly look patient this morning though, will get himself out soon.

pup11

International Coach
Bopara is riding his luck here, I don't know how he has managed to last this long, though if he continues to bat like this, then it shouldn't be long before he gets knocked over.

EDIT: Need to fix this no-ball problem quickly, would be so annoying to see them take a wicket of a no-ball.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

And on another note, it's incredibly annoying how people constantly chime-on about how no-balls were a problem for Australia in 2005. England bowled more than Australia did! It was a problem for both teams.
Yeah, but Aus missed a couple of wickets due to noballs didn't they? England's preferred method of wasting chances was to drop them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bopara is riding his luck here, I don't know how he has managed to last this long, though if he continues to bat like this, then it shouldn't be long before he gets knocked over.
Can just see Strauss, who's looking ridiculously comfortable compared to Bopara, getting out first of the two.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Bopara has already made more runs than Bell would've done, Australia have bowled plenty of balls in the corridor outside off stump that Bell could have made look unplayable

Andre

International Regular

Yup. Fascinates me how it is seen as a new or recent problem, it's been happening since the dawn of time. I reckon people talk it up more now because there is more attention to them due to Twenty20 cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, but Aus missed a couple of wickets due to noballs didn't they? England's preferred method of wasting chances was to drop them.
Australia and England both dropped hundreds of catches and also both bowled hundreds of no-balls. Australia lost 3 wickets to no-balls IIRR (certainly at least 2) and England lost none. Nonetheless, England bowled more no-balls than Australia and obviously whether you get a wicket off a no-ball or not is completely and totally down to luck.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I thought, Strauss out first despite looking far more comfortable. That bad decision against Strauss makes no difference.