• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Not a bad result for SL, really.
Worth it to get Mahela back on strike, even if Kulasekara was playing well.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
End of an excellent supporting effort.

Nice to see Mahela give him a pat on the back.

JBH001

International Regular
Kula! :(

Well played, Kula.

Edit/ Nice throw from MSD with the gloves on.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of the great knocks

100 @ 120 with people falling down around you is brilliant stuff

260 is going to be a massive ask even for this lineup

Jayzamann

International Regular
Thisara has a bit of a gut on him.

Mahela is the goods. Deserves a WC medal, but I'm still indifferent as to whoever wins this.

Uppercut

Even forgetting the circumstances, that's quite possibly the most beautiful ODI century I've ever seen.

JBH001

International Regular
Okay that was needless IMO. Kulasekara was batting really well.
Yeah, I agree. Perera looks like he is trying too hard to bludgeon the ball. Kula was playing good cricket shots.

Edit/ And as I say that Perera smacks a four.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Been absent from the match thread so far, I don't know if that is a good thing or not, Fantastic innings from Maehla though, what a joy to watch.

SL heading towards a decent total one feels. Kulasekera could play a huge part in the game if he produces that huge inwards movement, especially to Sehwag who is clueless against it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harbhajan is such a hack.

Vcs this is what I was talking about. So useless in odis.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant knock from Jayawardene. A quality finish here pushing SL towards 270 could prove to be really useful. No ones chased more than 274 in a WC batting second and against a strong SL bowling line-up I don't think it'll be an easy chase. Another statistic is that no one's made a century and lost a WC final before...

_Ed_

Mahela looked exhausted at the non-striker's end there. Can't blame him.

Spark

Global Moderator
Geez, almost got a boundary through backward point to what would have been a wide.

Good god he's hit that hard. Zaheer is being absolutely hammered here.

Last edited: