• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Murphy wasn't supposed to be able to bat. But as someone else said, pitching it up may not be the worst idea.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Still baffles me how both captains go straight to short stuff and field spread once the tails in. Those pitched up balls good enough to get the top batters out but not good enough for the tail?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Still baffles me how both captains go straight to short stuff and field spread once the tails in. Those pitched up balls good enough to get the top batters out but not good enough for the tail?
eng lost a test to shami and bumrah the batsmen with this tactic

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought Murphy wasn't supposed to be able to bat. But as someone else said, pitching it up may not be the worst idea.
That's all down to being totally baffled by Ashwin and Jadeja on square turners which is not really a fair assessment tbf

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Todd Murphy ..Only 22 ? This is a fantastic prospect for Australia, seems to not be fazed by the big occasion..Debuting in India and then straight after that he's in the Ashes , it doesn't get tougher than that and he's looked composed. Just needs his captain to trust him more