• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done, Harmi. Wouldn't of picked him, but he's stood up here when our other seamers haven't.

Hat-trick to win the Ashes?

Nah.

Freddy for the next over surely?!?!

Last edited:

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
This is a pretty flat pitch for the faster bowlers and whilst I think Hussey has done well to score a century, I think the quality of his innings is already being overrated. Swann is the only one whos got assistance out of the pitch this inning and hes varied between mediocre and unplayable throughout the game.
True, but this innings reminds me of Ganguly on that broken pitch we played SA last time they came to India, he hit 87 IIRC and it was probably the innings of his career, his technique when playing the spinners out of the rough and the variable bounce and reverse swing of the Saffer quicks was outstanding. Hussey's been fairly similar today, albeit against a poorer standard of bowling.