• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Arsenal really should be winning all their remaining games. They don't have anyone good left to play.

Edit: Apart from Bournemouth I guess, they're generally somewhat handy.

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
Slot gets the gig. This is either an Edwards masterstroke or complete disaster, I'm not sure there's much in between.

Going to stay optimistic given his style of play is similar to Klopp and we have quite a few Dutch players but this is an almighty step up from Feyenoord. No doubt rivals are going to be sweating on his downfall so it could get bumpy if he doesn't start well

As far as what remains of this season, just want to see Klopp get the send off he deserves now the pressure is off. Still hoping City win it all, mainly cause Arsenal fans are going to be insufferable if they get over the line.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I imagine with the Cowleys at the helm they’ll be a lot better next season
It’s been a bit of a messy end to the season, but hopefully at least partly due to the fixture congestion caused by the ground drainage issues. Other than the Doncaster game, we’d played well with little return against a succession of top teams. But, we shall see, most years these days there’s massive squad turnover from one year to the next, so hard to get momentum. On to next year.

In other Essex news I see Braintree knocked Chelmsford out of the Conference South playoffs. Shame that. Chelmsford vs Southend would have been a decent fixture on next year’s calendar.

Socerer 01

International Captain
It had been on the cards. You can’t keep on conceding first and get away with it.

As for Slot, going Dutch hasn’t exactly worked out in Manchester. Big question for me is why Alonso turned them down,
idk why so many are doubting Slot, he’s rated for a good reason and unlike ten Hag wont be walking into a disaster of a club who i think is better than his current situation too

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
idk why so many are doubting Slot, he’s rated for a good reason and unlike ten Hag wont be walking into a disaster of a club who i think is better than his current situation too
The experiences of Manure and Arsenal say it is easier to botch the transition than get it right. (See also early 1990s Liverpool)

Socerer 01

International Captain
The experiences of Manure and Arsenal say it is easier to botch the transition than get it right. (See also early 1990s Liverpool)
both of those clubs had longstanding managers in comparison to Klopp tbf and they needed wholesale structural changes to move on which is something Liverpool dont need since they’ve put in better work there

City is a better eg, they had a good transition from Mancini to Pellegrini to Pep while having a stable structure. Chelsea under Roman were good at it too despite the managerial carousel there