• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was harsh on the individual. Nigel Adkins, ex-TRFC btw. But football fans on the whole do attach a sentimentality to managers that we don’t to players. Nobody gives a **** when a newly promoted club replaces the striker who scored 25 in the championship to get them to the prem with a better player.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also Adkins has been very poor everywhere since. And he was offered the Tranmere job in late 2020 but said he’d only do it until a better offer came in so we didn’t bother

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I keep on trying to remember the quote Brumbers had in his sig once, something about how no situation has ever been made better by Piers Morgan's involvement, and it keeps on being apt.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nice of Ronaldo to do something massively disruptive and dickish just as Utd are showing signs of improvement tbf

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It was harsh on the individual. Nigel Adkins, ex-TRFC btw. But football fans on the whole do attach a sentimentality to managers that we don’t to players. Nobody gives a **** when a newly promoted club replaces the striker who scored 25 in the championship to get them to the prem with a better player.
Likewise if Manchester United had come in for Adkins nobody would have batted an eyelid if he'd asked to speak to them and taken the job. Yet when a better manager becomes available Southampton are supposed to decline him because...?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t agree with sacking managers unless they deserve to be sacked based on performance, but that’s just a matter of opinion.
In Poch’s case I’m not sure many people had even heard of him unless they were avid followers of European football in general. It would be a bit churlish to say he was a failure, but he never actually won anything in England. :santa:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I keep on trying to remember the quote Brumbers had in his sig once, something about how no situation has ever been made better by Piers Morgan's involvement, and it keeps on being apt.
Probably from Einstein, as it's pretty much a law of physics.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting read, and the programme on All 4 may be worth catching.

True to form, I'd forgotten that he was a regular in the 2018 WC. More evidence of how unlucky Southgate's has been with the loss of form of people who had been regular starters for him.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice of Ronaldo to do something massively disruptive and dickish just as Utd are showing signs of improvement tbf
From what I know, Ronaldo’s salary makes him almost impossible to trade unless United continue to pay most of his wages

Can player & club agree to terminate contract and walk away?

It’s not as if Ronaldo needs the coin

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah they'll either sack him outright or reach some sort of settlement I imagine. Either way, one imagines he's finished there now

hassan918

Cricket Spectator
Not many thought that Arsenal will be clear by 5 points at the top of the table at this time of the year but they've done really well till date in the season and at the moment it looks like Arteta side is gonna win the league and Pep side will finish at number 2.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not many thought that Arsenal will be clear by 5 points at the top of the table at this time of the year but they've done really well till date in the season and at the moment it looks like Arteta side is gonna win the league and Pep side will finish at number 2.
With a measly 24 games to go it's hard to see how Arsenal could lose it from here.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ivan Toney has been charged with 232 bet related offences. I wonder if uncle Gareth was told not to pick him. Could result in quite a long ban.