• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
There are seemingly 5 really poor teams at the bottom of the table. I suspect Southampton will go down as they can't score goals and have too many points to make up on those above them, but picking 2 out of Leeds, Everton, Forest and Leicester is tough. And I'm not sure any of us saw Bournemouth suddenly finding some elite form either...

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon Forest go down as well. They didn't seem to show enough fight off the ball against us and it'll probably cost them points if they play that way in other games. No idea who else will go down - maybe Leicester.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still think Leicester will get out of it but I thought exactly the same about Everton last week and have never really thought Leeds would go either.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't like Everton's fixtures because I think they need home games against bigger sides where they can stay in the game with dogged defending, get the crowd up for it then pinch a goal from a set piece followed by the crowd cheering Pickford taking 37 minutes to restart the game following the dramatic claiming of a hopeful cross with no attacking players near him. Newcastle and Bournemouth at home aren't those sorts of games at all.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Them going down remains a truly hilarious prospect. Less funny now that Lampard isn't there any more for some reason. But still highly desirable.

Niall

International Coach
Still think Leicester will get out of it but I thought exactly the same about Everton last week and have never really thought Leeds would go either.
I thought that for ages but they have been abysmal since the world cup. They won't come back up that quickly ether when they go down also.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought that for ages but they have been abysmal since the world cup. They won't come back up that quickly ether when they go down also.
Leicester will probably stay up and if they don’t they will win the Championship in a similar vein to Burnley.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah not great at all this year. City v Madrid should be good at least.

Quite happy for it to be dull tonight though. Chelsea somehow winning the Champions League would have been unspeakably dire.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah not great at all this year. City v Madrid should be good at least.
Even then we all know its pretty much the final. Its such a shame that Napoi have gone off the boil because they would have been competitive in a final but neither AC or Inter would concern City or Real.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Even then we all know its pretty much the final. Its such a shame that Napoi have gone off the boil because they would have been competitive in a final but neither AC or Inter would concern City or Real.
It probably is, but you must know as a keen gambler that it doesn’t always work out like that?

Anyway. Two tasty semis what with City V Madrid rematch from last season and a Milan derby. (Okay I’m also assuming outcomes tomorrow…)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
That would have been the received wisdom the year of the Porto v. Monaco final too

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I wouldn't write Milan off in a one-off final, they absolutely dismantled Napoli recently in Serie A.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Niall is churning out a lot of bizarrely equivocal football statements lately. City lose to a team worse than them in the CL literally every year. Either Milan team would have a chance in a one-off game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Off the top of my head I think I'm correct in saying AC Milan and Real Madrid have never met in a Champions League/European Cup Final, which seems incredible when you consider the history of both clubs in the competition.