• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They’re both actually decent on the ball, Tarkowski especially. It’s more that you wouldn’t trust him to defend in space. In one of those wide open Liverpool-City games he’d get picked apart.

I agree that that stuff is underrated now though. The idea that the best defenders don’t need to throw themselves at shots or dive into last ditch tackles is galaxy brain ****. It just prevents goals.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They’re both actually decent on the ball, Tarkowski especially. It’s more that you wouldn’t trust him to defend in space. In one of those wide open Liverpool-City games he’d get picked apart.

I agree that that stuff is underrated now though. The idea that the best defenders don’t need to throw themselves at shots or dive into last ditch tackles is galaxy brain ****. It just prevents goals.
Yeah fair enough, I'm not against that defenders and GKs need to be more than just defenders, but you see Gomez playing the ball across his own penalty area and Salah being unmarked in the six yard box and you wonder..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

I remember there was a period in the late 90s where "good goalkeepers never make good saves because they're always in a position to make them look easy" narrative gained some short-lived traction. John Motson in particular rolled it out a bit, I seem to remember.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember there was a period in the late 90s where "good goalkeepers never make good saves because they're always in a position to make them look easy" narrative gained some short-lived traction. John Motson in particular rolled it out a bit, I seem to remember.
Haha that’s weird because I remember goalkeeper positioning massively improving during the 2000s without ever once being mentioned by anyone.

grecian

Gawd I hate Derby days.
I think it's one thing non-supporters of football clubs will never get, how horrible the whole experience is. Obviously if you win it is ecstatic, but honestly the build-up is horrific.

Just wondering if it's too early to start drinking?

HeathDavisSpeed

Some real ding-dong stuff in Spurs' group in the Champions League. At half time, Spurs and Frankfurt were heading out. At full time, Spurs and Frankfurt go through and Marseille don't make the Europa League. Sounds like Spurs far from deserved their victory though.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Some real ding-dong stuff in Spurs' group in the Champions League. At half time, Spurs and Frankfurt were heading out. At full time, Spurs and Frankfurt go through and Marseille don't make the Europa League. Sounds like Spurs far from deserved their victory though.
story of Spurs this season

Niall

International Coach
Fred and Maguire on when you need a goal. :laugh:

Some utterly proactive@~! subs to say the least.

With washed up Ronaldo leading the line this lot will need a very kind draw to reach the last 16.