• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It doesn’t seem like all that long ago when Barca were seen as the good guys of world football. Less than 15 years maybe.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It doesn’t seem like all that long ago when Barca were seen as the good guys of world football. Less than 15 years maybe.
I'm not sure if they were ever the good guys, possibly for a brief spell when Mourinho was at Madrid. They were always unbearably sanctimonious and I remember lots of cynicism, but I suppose that's just football.

I would have supported them over all of the other clubs of their size (United aside obvs) but I didn't feel like that was the case for most people. They pissed off a lot of different fan groups independently with some, uh, poorly-officiated CL wins. Now I'm as happy as anyone to see them crash and burn.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
that time Van Persie was sent off at the Nou Camp was massively dire (probably not as dire as the reffing in the Barca Chelsea game that caused the Drogba meltdown mind you, but at least Chelsea getting dicked over is always funny in itself)

but the real lingering direness in that game that I remember was Bendtner missing an open goal in the last minute the bloody idiot

would have been enough to put Arsenal through in spite of all the reffing ****housery ffs

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
that time Van Persie was sent off at the Nou Camp was massively dire (probably not as dire as the reffing in the Barca Chelsea game that caused the Drogba meltdown mind you, but at least Chelsea getting dicked over is always funny in itself)

but the real lingering direness in that game that I remember was Bendtner missing an open goal in the last minute the bloody idiot

would have been enough to put Arsenal through in spite of all the reffing ****housery ffs
****ing hell being reminded of this has ruined my afternoon

am sat here attempting to feed sledger jnr and all I can think is "bendtner wac"

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm not sure if they were ever the good guys, possibly for a brief spell when Mourinho was at Madrid. They were always unbearably sanctimonious and I remember lots of cynicism, but I suppose that's just football.

I would have supported them over all of the other clubs of their size (United aside obvs) but I didn't feel like that was the case for most people. They pissed off a lot of different fan groups independently with some, uh, poorly-officiated CL wins. Now I'm as happy as anyone to see them crash and burn.
Haha you know, it’s mainly from a debate with you many moons back about Barca that it stuck in my mind that people saw them as the good guys

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
From memory, I think a lot of that is down to them being perceived as the antidote to super evil Real Madrid in the Rijkard and early Pep days

But they then lived long enough to become the villian

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
From memory, I think a lot of that is down to them being perceived as the antidote to super evil Real Madrid in the Rijkard and early Pep days

But they then lived long enough to become the villian
The anti-galacticos if I remember correctly

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Am I missing something? Why is the fact that de Gea isn't in Spain's preliminary World Cup squad news?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I’ve said since Potter took over that defensively Chelsea looked like an accident waiting to happen. Today it appears to have happened. :santa:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who the hell thought Fulham v Everton was a match worth showing?
Yeah predictably awful.

Gotta say though it as mentioned in the earlier match when someone was called an old-fashioned defender, and it was remarked by the excellent BT commentary team, does that just mean a defender who can defend?

It's become very strange in this World of different presses, overloads, positioning for when you lose the ball, that sometimes just being able to get a foot or head in seem to be ignored, so though I dislike Lampard as a player, person, manager, I say kudos to picking up Coady who Wolves didn't want, and Tarkowski who no-one else seemed that bothered in signing, for so far zero pounds, because they can both ****ing defend.