• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are the big teams just trying to give the FA cup to Chelsea this year?

I know Spurs and Villa are still there but with another home tie in the next game it is hard to see another winner.

Would love for Fulham to make the final though, have a very good chance of beating Spurs at home and then will hope to avoid Chelsea in the Semi

grecian

If I was a Stoke fan *shudder*, I'd be a tad pissed off by the condescending nature of the coverage of their cup run. Arsenal being called a cup upset when they put out a weakened side was bad enough, but I just heard them beating Citeh called another upset. Umm they do know stoke have been in the Prem for a couple of seasons and their home record is very decent. Oh and Citeh always win cups and trophies, so it really was a surprise, wasn't it?!?!

Craig

World Traveller
Are the big teams just trying to give the FA cup to Chelsea this year?

I know Spurs and Villa are still there but with another home tie in the next game it is hard to see another winner.

Would love for Fulham to make the final though, have a very good chance of beating Spurs at home and then will hope to avoid Chelsea in the Semi
They won't be winning the Champions League this season :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fair enough decision by Bridge in my opinion, completely see the logic behind it. Let's just hope Cashely is fit.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Another thing, I think the headline on the BBC Website of "Bridge turns back on England team" is incredibly stupid and unfair on Bridge. You could easily argue that he has taken one for the team here, giving up what is effectively a guaranteed World Cup place to ensure there isn't a division amongst the squad. Though there are probably other motives at play here, to suggest Bridge is somehow to blame for this situation in any way is pretty appalling in my eyes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair enough decision by Bridge in my opinion, completely see the logic behind it. Let's just hope Cashely is fit.
Hard not to feel for Bridge here, he's the wronged party in this (along with Terry's missus, obv) and he's had to withdraw from the biggest tournament in the world because the bloke who shagged his ex-missus is a better footballer. That said, I'd do exactly the same if I was Capello.

Would have been interesting if it was Fat Frank's ex Terry has introduced to Gladstone tho.

cpr

International Coach
Rather see Bridge at the WC than Terry.

Sure we'd be a weaker team (though having said, would a second choice centre back be worse than a third choice left back if Cole doesnt recover?), but we'd be a more respectable and less arrogant team. Watching Terry smirk his Sloth-like face around the pitch really makes me not want to watch (my TV's to expensive to smash) and actually want Ing-ur-land (alas, feel they arn't the national team anymore, but the winners from Chav-idol) to fail.

fredfertang

I have a feeling my aversion to reading the redtops may have caused me to miss something here - if, as I understand it, it was Bridge's ex rather than current g/f, then why should he give a tuppenny toss that JT was subsequently giving her one?

In fact why can't they just have a laugh about it in that boorish laddish manner that blokes are supposed to?

chalky

International Debutant
Just caught the last 30 mins of the Fulham game what a game Hangeland had, an absolute rock. Can't believe one of the top 6 havn't taken a chance on him yet, I do remember Arsenal looking at him but obviously nothing came of it.