• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Definitely prefer Blackpool as hopefully then the cheating bastards at Cardiff will be taken into the administration they should've been in 6 months ago (and in fact should've been for the last 3-4 years) - seems a joke how many second chances they've had from the courts, at least the last 2 have been because this bloke was apparently going to put in £6m - they got a 42 day stay of execution as he was putting it in "next week" and he hadn't by the end of that yet they still got another delay.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
If I buy Ronaldo for 12.5 million, then sell him for 80 million, then we arn't outspending you, as its the same initial investment being reinvested.... Only difference is our investment was far wiser and in the interest was far higher..... You dont work for Lehman Bros do you?

In other news, cmaaarrrn Fulham
Yes, from an investment point of view it was a fantastic piece of business. In terms of comparing the spending between clubs, it hides the fact that until he was sold United's spending was as much as ours, and that spending was only on a handful of players not the squad overhaul we went through. The fact that you later sold him for a ridiculous amount doesn't mean you were being miserly over the years.

Mascherano and Johnson both cost about that much too. :p
Yeah, true. But that's kind of the point. They are our most expensive players and starters. Not squad players that are routinely rotated. If they're fit, they start, and every match.

Anyway, we're gonna win the league next year so there's no point arguing :ph34r:

Craig

World Traveller
Cardiff or Blackpool tho; what an effing choice.

Holloway's a one note joke that wore thin about five years ago and Cardiff are Welsh and have ****s for fans.
Up there with Leeds, right? I remember several years ago when Leeds got relegated from the Prem, that were very limited amount of away tickets given to Leeds fans. Not sure if that is still the case.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Up there with Leeds, right? I remember several years ago when Leeds got relegated from the Prem, that were very limited amount of away tickets given to Leeds fans. Not sure if that is still the case.
TBH they're worse then Leeds, much worse. Leeds have been more high profile, that's why they're hated more. Trust me if Cardiff had been in the top-leagues they'd be loathed much more, in the lower-leagues they're despised. Worse then Millwall, IMHO.

I won't be that devastated if they make the Prem though, means there's less chance of us playing them soon.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't it that if Fulham won Butrnley would get a European spot?
Aren't relegated teams ineligible for Europe irrespective of all other factors, hence Portsmouth no hope of making Europe?

Also Fulham :( Little team that almost could.

Jarquis

Would be a good addition, as long as we keep Cesc. So many stories about a £40m + Yaya offer for Fabrilliant.

Matteh

TBH they're worse then Leeds, much worse. Leeds have been more high profile, that's why they're hated more. Trust me if Cardiff had been in the top-leagues they'd be loathed much more, in the lower-leagues they're despised. Worse then Millwall, IMHO.

I won't be that devastated if they make the Prem though, means there's less chance of us playing them soon.
Went to Ninian Park a few seasons back, wasn't too much of an issue but it's the only game I've been to where I've been shepherded away from opposing fans and seen policemen on horses.
Definitely up there with Millwall in terms of dickhead behaivour.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Okay its 40 minutes into the match, the score is 0-0. and to win the FA Cup (outright, not the match) are paying $1.09 on Betfair :dry:

Portsmouth at $10.5.

Now surely that's ridiculous? Some proper fans help me out here. Is Chelsea really a 90%+ chance of winning outright? Hasn't ridiculous things like Portsmouth winning happened before?

Surely considering how ****ed the club is, the prematch speech by the Portsmouth manager would have been awesome? Like Miracle on Ice awesome :ph34r:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
less than 10% Pre-match, or at half time with the scores at 0-0?

Anyway I laid Chelsea for a whopping $5, giving me a potential winnings of around $50. Carn Portsmouth.