• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Basically, allowed a Bayern goal despite a fairly clear offside. Olić strayed into the box to pick up a rebound and didn't bother to get back onside - ball was cleared to Klose who won a heading duel with two Italians and nodded it on for the offside Olić to score. Only doubt was whether Klose got a touch to it.
Linesman's boob though tbf.

Uppercut

Dont think there´s any possible way we could´ve had more luck in our two games against Stoke this week. The goal in the FA Cup was the funniest thing I´ve ever seen then after playing like absolute gash Barry somehow sneaks in an equaliser on his 15th try, THEN Shawcross has a perfectly fine goal disallowed because Given is a ******. So much lols.
My Citeh-supporting sources tell me you've been much, much worse this past few weeks. True/false?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I´m not really sure, I´ve only seen the two Stoke games since I arrived in Argentina. I´d say so though, looking at our results. Personally, Viera is gash, Garrido can´t tackle (neither can Bridge, Mind you) and with Lescott back and Kompany gone, we again look spastic at the back. There´s probs something in that hey.

Mr Mxyzptlk

What kind of dog? A Staff I can see would attack the ball, and the stature of a Great Dane would be much superior in presensce to Lucas in the penalty area. Yet I'm not sure that one of those tot dog things that Paris Hilton carries around in her handbag is a viable option, TBF.
Overrating Bendtner surely. How that guy's managed 10 international goals, I'll never know.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I´m not really sure, I´ve only seen the two Stoke games since I arrived in Argentina. I´d say so though, looking at our results. Personally, Viera is gash, Garrido can´t tackle (neither can Bridge, Mind you) and with Lescott back and Kompany gone, we again look spastic at the back. There´s probs something in that hey.
Bridge has been on of City's best players since his return though. I was (obviously) furious at that goal Wiley denied on Tuesday though. Can't see what angle he that could possibly have looked like an infringement. Shawcross arrived first and Given just crashed into him looking for space. Goalkeepers have it way too easy.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Vid's been removed. What did he do?
Basically, allowed a Bayern goal despite a fairly clear offside. Olić strayed into the box to pick up a rebound and didn't bother to get back onside - ball was cleared to Klose who won a heading duel with two Italians and nodded it on for the offside Olić to score. Only doubt was whether Klose got a touch to it.
He also failed to send off both Van Bommel and Klose for two footed, studs up challenges and then gave a Fiorentina player his marching orders for what seemed to be something far less serious. Dire match by a dire ref really.

Neil Pickup

This will be of general interest for those of us in Division Three...

500 trials through to the end of the season based on home/away records and predictions of the 192 remaining fixtures.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Possible to run one of these for the BSP playoffs? Starting to get a touch of the pre-2007/8 Exeters.

Craig

World Traveller
Portsmouth ask for permission to be able to sell players outside of the transfer window to stop them from going into liquidation. If they don't get permission and go arse up, this will have serious implications on the table, especially those fighting relegation.

Craig

World Traveller
Won't results against them become void? Meaning Arsenal lose 6.... :(
That's pretty much it, from what I understand. Good for Liverpool since they lost at Fratton Park. West Ham would fall into the drop zone, or be much closer to the drop zone then they would like.

Pompey have to ask the Premier League and the FA for permission, and then the FA have to ask FIFA. There are precedents for this happening before (Hull would of gone arse up if they weren't allowed to sell Roy Carroll to Wigan outside of the transfer window), so I don't see why Pompey should not be allowed to sell players. Although it has to be said though, that if they can sell players, then the new buyers would almost certainly not be allowed to register their new signings. This would be bad for Nadir Belhadj who has a World Cup coming up for Algeria.

cpr

International Coach
Nah, player power would force the hand and let the players be registered to play. FA/UEFA pretty powerless when a player pipes up against them. Scared the next player to take them to court would make Johnny Bosman's name be all but forgot.....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
He also failed to send off both Van Bommel and Klose for two footed, studs up challenges and then gave a Fiorentina player his marching orders for what seemed to be something far less serious. Dire match by a dire ref really.
Yup.

I'm not sure I agree on statements like "officials from smaller football nations increasingly appear to be out of their depth", though. Just like there are players from smaller nations that succeed in the best leagues, so will referees - although they shouldn't be picked on quotas (Germany could probably have 8-10 refs in the top if they were allowed to). Also they're complaining about the Seychelles ref Eddy Maillet, who is probably Africa's best ref, for a reason that seems like "I don't know where he's from".

This seems to be sidestepping the issue somewhat - Howard Webb and Graham Poll are/were FIFA referees from an established country and still do bizarre things on more than one occasion. I think the problem is more of excessive loyalty to referees and a fear of admitting they're wrong when they fast track refs (Stuart Attwell is still hanging around the Premier League, though it appears he's cut down on errors this year)