• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Meh wouldn't be unhappy. He's still quite obviously good enough but it's more of a huge statement than anything else. Could you seriously imagine the symbol of one of the biggest clubs in England moving to City? Crazy stuff. If he does come (he won't IMO) then it spells the end of Dunne, basically the same player. Turning circle and acceleration of a semi-trailer.

Also: BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City Agree Fee With Arsenal For Emmanuel Adebayor - Report - Goal.com
Manchester City Want Luis Fabiano, But He Wants Milan - Agent - Goal.com

WTF. Why are we trying to buy/buying so many forwards? There's also this which means we desperately need some more defenders. Just paper talk BS, but this is interesting as well: Carles Puyol Yet To Make Manchester City Decision - Report - Goal.com

Sure is an interesting time to be a City fan. Sure beats sucking at absolutely everything.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I read the Adebayor thing too - if that comes off then Tevez' issues about being too far down the pecking order at Old Trafford aren't likely to be alleviated at Eastlands. The Fabiano link is a strange one, I'd gotten the impression that him going to Milan was pretty much a done deal.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah, Tevez will be a starter without question IMO. Find it strange that people suggest he won't be.

Robinho-Adebayour/RSC-Tevez

There's a lot of strikers at the club (at least 2 or 3 will be shipped though I reckon) but none of them are good enough to start ahead of Tevez, and he wouldn't have signed a contract without making sure he was first choice anyway.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I always felt it was more a "pecking order" than "game time" issue for Tevez - he played 51 games for United last season, but felt he was outranked as it were by Rooney and Berbatov when it mattered. I thought it might be the same here - Robinho would start ahead of Tevez alongside the Ade/RSC big man and Tevez would only be next in line.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I always felt it was more a "pecking order" than "game time" issue for Tevez - he played 51 games for United last season, but felt he was outranked as it were by Rooney and Berbatov when it mattered. I thought it might be the same here - Robinho would start ahead of Tevez alongside the Ade/RSC big man and Tevez would only be next in line.
Except Hughes has always played a front three. Whilst SWP was first choice and probably more ideal for the right side position, Tevez will at least get first shot at it, no question.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
John Welsh signs for the whites from Hull, used to play for Liverpool, anyone know much about him? He was a gun on CM about 5 years ago

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
And at the opposite end of the transfer activity scale, Fergie has apparently just said in a press conference that he won't be signing any more players this summer.

http://www.football365.co.uk/story/0,17033,8652_5431096,00.html

EDIT - and Michael Owen handed the no.7 shirt. No doubt there'll be some wailing and gnashing of teeth at a Liverpool legend being given United's most iconic shirt.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Loving the tough talking SAF ATM haaa. Hopefully good news on Hargreaves fitness is on the way then, if no more signings will be made..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Er, how come nobody has mentioned Tevez to Citeh? Smitteh will be pumped hey

edit, I know it's been mentioned but not since it was confirmed as far as I can tell

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbh, a few years ago I would have found the whole situation really interesting, but these days I just generally don't care. I used to really enjoy speculating about who would join who etc..etc... and how it would impact on the league table come the end of the next season, but nowadays it just strikes me as boring and monotonous. With one or two smallish differences, the top of the table will again be comprised of more or less the same clubs finishing in more or less the same order. Though I will always remain an Arsenal fan, them and the premiership in general i'm finding more and more uninteresting. Lower league football is so much more interesting in certain ways.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That reminds me. 27th of Feb, Brentford V Whites. God knows I should have some money by then. How about a weekend of partying?!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That reminds me. 27th of Feb, Brentford V Whites. God knows I should have some money by then. How about a weekend of partying?!
Yeah, I spoke to Pothas about this the other day actually, and suggested he would be up for it. I'd defo be up for it myself, haven't been to watch the Bees for ages, so would be a grand day out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Obviously it's ages away and we can take the plans offline, just wanted to throw it out there. :D