• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Ferdinand appears not to have done himself any favours with his latest act of stupidity...

United are on a long, downward path to ignamony.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
Ferdinand appears not to have done himself any favours with his latest act of stupidity...

United are on a long, downward path to ignamony.
could have said it better tom, what was he thinking... :dry:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Scaly piscine said:
Oh please, try and come up with something beyond the level of a 5 year old.

Also whoever said Man U's midfield was very creative needs their head examining - how can they create anything when they struggle to string 3 passes together?
I never said the midfield was very creative. I'm just pointing out that it's more a lack of finishing than opportunities for Man Utd. If Solskjaer can regain 90% of his former self a little bit into the season then that can be improved.Also, when van Nistelrooy finds his touch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
solskjaer will be very lucky if he ever gets to play again let alone up to his former self, at his best i though he was a very talented and under-rated player, but that injury has probably ended his career now, by the time he gets fit again after becoming able to regain training his ship will have sailed, hes behind all of the man utd strikers, probably even bellion and rossi in the pecking order now.

Craig

World Traveller
Bellion should be sent back to where he came from (and I don't mean Sunderland) as he is hardly going to get a go at Nike Trafford.

Well 'The Beast' has signed for Real Madrid at a cost of 24m euros after Arsenal made most of the work in trying to sign him (WP may have been a problem). Although this was only made possible after Roberto Carlos gained Spanish citzenship - and the sale of Walter Samuel to Inter (which should happen tonight Aussie time) and of course Robinho not being allowed to join Real (personallyI don't see the point in bloking his transfer).

-------------------

Rumour has it that van der Meyde will be at Spurs soon. I wish this would hurry up as I don't know if he is coming or going. Would be going as Luis Figo is also about to sign for Inter as well.

roseboy64

It was ineveitable that somehow he'd stay in Spain. He's not far off from getting a Spanish passport and moving to Arsenal would just mess all that up.

Craig

World Traveller
CL draw 05-06

Third qualifying round draw in full:
Basel v Werder Bremen
Artmedia/Celtic v Partizan Belgrade/Sherrif
Shakhtar Donetsk v Inter
Shelbourne/Steaua Bucharest v Rosenborg
Manchester United v Debrecen/Hajduk
Malmö/Maccabi Haifa v Dynamo Kiev/Thun
Everton v Villarreal
Kaunas/Liverpool v Tirana/CSKA Sofia
Sporting Lisbon v Udinese
Vålerenga/Haka v Club Brugge
Dudelange/Rapid Vienna v Rabotnicki/Lokomotiv Moscow
Anderlecht/Neftchi v Slavia Prague
Anorthosis/Trabzonspor v Rangers
Dinamo Tbilisi/Brøndby v Ajax
Real Betis v Monaco
Wisla Kraków v Panathinaikos

Oh and if you don't know - Debrecen is a Hungrian club.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=19505&L=en&IDINI=19524

Agent TBY

International Captain
Craig said:
According to creditable football website goal.com Robinho will now join Real Madrid.
Can't happen. Baptista wanted assurances that he wouldn't be in the same team as Robinho. As in, he would only sign for Real if Robinho didn't. As it is, Baptista has signed.

Edit : So has Robinho, so that makes one very unhappy new signing.

Last edited:

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Robinho finally joins Real
From correspondents in Madrid
July 30, 2005

SANTOS have a agreed a deal which will see their Brazilian striker Robinho join Real Madrid on a five-year contract, the Spanish first division club said today.

Real Madrid said in a statement on their internet site: "Real Madrid and Santos have today signed an agreement that Robinho will be a Madrid player from August 25.

"The player will sign a contract which will link him with Real Madrid for the next five seasons."

However, the transfer fee was not given.

Advertisement:

According to Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, Santos have finally accepted the $US30 million ($39.58 million) which Madrid paid on July 22 and was deposited in a Brazilian football federation account.

Agence France-Presse
From www.foxsports.com.au

so take from that what you will....

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
According to creditable football website goal.com Robinho will now join Real Madrid.
well if thats the case, not good news for Michael Owen and but good news for Owen is that since Baros is moving to schalke 04 he could now move back to liverpool if he feels that Robinho's inclusion wll make him struggle even more for a 1st team spot :D

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
yes Owen will probably be going and id say arsenal are the team most likely too get him although manchester united are interested aswell and i suppose chelsea might want him as they have failed too sign a striker this summer

Agent TBY

International Captain
kendall said:
yes Owen will probably be going and id say arsenal are the team most likely too get him although manchester united are interested aswell and i suppose chelsea might want him as they have failed too sign a striker this summer
Do they need to sign a striker all the time? They really didn't need to with Gudjohnsen, Drogba and Crespo, considering they only play one.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Well they have clearly been after one although owen might not be good enough. Drogba hasnt been good enough and while that strikeforce may be brilliant for most clubs chelsea clearly want too be the very best and to do that i think they need a truely world class striker and they clearly agree with atempts too singn adriano and shevshenko.

roseboy64

Owen will definitely be going now. Last season with Ronaldo and Raul he struggled to get starts. Now with Robinho and Baptista he'll struggle to make the bench even. That doesn't bode well for England. If he's going to be in cotention he needs regular play and he won't get that at Real. Baptista can play in the midfield so I don't see any problems with him and Robinho.

roseboy64

I think Landon Donovan would be a good buy. He's pacy, creative and a goal scorer. He can also play in the midfield. Too bad though that he loves the MLS so much. That might prevent him from going. He was with some German team last season and went back to the US without even missing a league game.