• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Craig said:
How?

He was locked up back in Holland on alleged rape if you are unaware of that.

But hey sorry if I upset you.

Edit: Look Kendall if yu have a problem - take it up with me or if it was so bad then report it.
and hes been released. You personally have no more evidence to accuse van persie of rape than you do to accuse any of the members of cricketweb here.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Craig said:
Speaking of goal keepers - isn't Arsenal supposed to be signing young Uruguay goal keeper Sebastian Viera from Nacional? I knew they were interested in him and were/am close to signing him - but nothing has come from it from what I have read.

I don't know how he would go in getting a WP since he has been first choice for Uruguay for just over a year?
i somewhat doubt that will happen, arsenal have been linked with a series of south american goal keepers over the last couple of years, only one ever actually joined them, and that was hector carini on loan from juve for a period of about 3 days before he dissapeared.

shaka

International Regular
I really hope that if a semi takeover of NUFC occurs, its a rich person who can give enough money to buy the players we need to compete well in the premiership.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
shaka said:
I really hope that if a semi takeover of NUFC occurs, its a rich person who can give enough money to buy the players we need to compete well in the premiership.
I hope the geordie halfwits have to suffer more years of extreme stupidity and nothingness under the present uber-tit Shepherd, the guy is pure scum and they don't deserve managers like Bobby Robson after the way they treated him (finished 3rd, 4th and 5th and was sacked four premiership games into a new season - disgraceful). I look forward to them being in a relegation dogfight once Shearer hangs his boots up.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
for once i agree with piscine, although i doubt they will be in a relegation dog fight tbh, but the people who run newcastle are huge idiots, shepherd esspecially.

shaka

International Regular
As a supporter, I hope they do well (obviously) but money is what makes winning titles occur in the common era.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sledger said:
for once i agree with piscine, although i doubt they will be in a relegation dog fight tbh, but the people who run newcastle are huge idiots, shepherd esspecially.
They're managed by Souness and they've got no defence, without Shearer's goals last season they'd have been pretty close to going down - they finished on 44 points and two teams got relegated on 33 points. I also don't think they'll have the ability to grind games out if they do get sucked in.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Too suggest that Newcastle will be in a relagtion dog fight is utterly obsurd they will be mid talbe at worse. I do agree that the club is run very badly by the worst chairman in the premier league

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Smith wasn't bought for his goalscoring abilities which is clearly obvious. I say he's more of a Keane type to rough up the opposing defence and create goals. That's the best I can come up with.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
But he is supposed to be a striker!!!! and was bought as a striker too score goals and he will not work as a midfealder

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
They're managed by Souness and they've got no defence, without Shearer's goals last season they'd have been pretty close to going down - they finished on 44 points and two teams got relegated on 33 points. I also don't think they'll have the ability to grind games out if they do get sucked in.
given
dyer
parker
emre
shearer

I am sure that is too much quality to go down they majorly undeperformed last year and still did not go down i dont see them being any worse than that

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
aussie said:
Calling all Man U fans.... what do you blokes think about the future of Phil Neville at the club, i have heard that their have been inquires about him so i think if their any serious negotiation he should go since with Park & Sir Alex's decision to try Smith in mid-field i dont see too much game time for phil. What do you think?????
I don't see Phil going. There is no certainty that Smith will work in midfield. He's a pretty useful backup. Nothing else really in the Prem but maybe a starter in the lower leagues.

Craig

World Traveller
sledger said:
and hes been released. You personally have no more evidence to accuse van persie of rape than you do to accuse any of the members of cricketweb here.
Look I''m sorry.

It was a joke that went wrong. Hey am I forgiven?

Craig

World Traveller
sledger said:
And still have idiots like Lee Bowyer on their payroll?!

I mean the punch up with Dyer against Villa, then there there was the drug rehab visit when he was at Charlton IIRC.

Frankly he is disgraceful as El-Hadji.