• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

jordyh

Cricket Spectator
steds said:
Coming to the challenge cup semi, too? :) :p
Nah, can't stand any of that egg chasing :D

Working sadly :@

Looking at the fixture list theyre aint that many more games left at old trafford this season.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
aussie said:
yeah it could be nice if my beloved Flintoff could score a hundred on his home turf he will make all of us who respect him so much at Lancashire CC very proud :D , but even so i doubt whether he will do it.
He'll be OK. All he and the other England batsmen need is a few batting lessons from KP and we'll win the series 4-1. :D

Seriously though, I have a lot of confidence that Flintoff will score a hundred this summer - in fact, I think all the batsmen will except Strauss (don't ask me why) and Geraint Jones. I'm still optimistic.

twctopcat

International Regular
Anyone know why Thorpe isn't playing for surrey?? Unless he's injured me thinks he's had call from a Mr Graveney whos told him to have a rest.......

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
twctopcat said:
Anyone know why Thorpe isn't playing for surrey?? Unless he's injured me thinks he's had call from a Mr Graveney whos told him to have a rest.......
Romanticism. Stick with Bell, he's the future. If he fails against McGrath or Warne then so be it, he's still the future.

twctopcat

International Regular
Pedro Delgado said:
Romanticism. Stick with Bell, he's the future. If he fails against McGrath or Warne then so be it, he's still the future.
Maybe so but i was actually asking if anyone knew why he wasn't playing, i can't find out. Who knows, they might keep Bell and Thorpe in the same team.

twctopcat

International Regular
Drop hoggy, bell swings it a mile on his home ground :p . Doubt they'd drop Bell or Giles on their home ground.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
twctopcat said:
Maybe so but i was actually asking if anyone knew why he wasn't playing, i can't find out. Who knows, they might keep Bell and Thorpe in the same team.
Well I am a romatic, I have it down pat, which is why I recognise romanticism when I see it.
I can't see Graveny going cap in hand to Thopey myself.

As for your question, he's either done his back again or he's tumbling some tart, going by his past history.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
Somerset getting pasted on their own turf yet again. Collingwood out this morning without adding to his 181 though.
Yea, just missed out on a double ton for the second 4 day game in a row.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Live series stats for Colly are interesting too:

8 matches, 14 innings, 2 not outs, 706 runs, highest score 190, average of 58.83, 4 centuries but 0 fifties.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A rich vein of form, that's for sure.

Has it coincided with him going in more at 3 and 4 SP?

I think I remember he was at 5 last year?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Justin Kemp actually doing something for Kent for once - rescuing them from 29-5 and 99-7 to post 177-9 against Warks. Probably won't be enough though, Warks have Bell and Giles back and they bat down to Frost at 10, and even their Jack (Pretorius) can hold a bat - rare in county cricket these days. Not many big tail-end partnerships this year so far - there were a couple of biggies last year IIRC.

Play finished well early in that Somerset-Durham game, only 32 overs today. Arul Suppiah is playing for Somerset, officially the only Malaysian first-class cricketer in history - a useful left-arm spinner by all accounts, and can certainly bat too - struck 248* for the 2nds a while back opening the batting.

Rich2001

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Justin Kemp actually doing something for Kent for once - rescuing them from 29-5 and 99-7 to post 177-9 against Warks. Probably won't be enough though, Warks have Bell and Giles back and they bat down to Frost at 10, and even their Jack (Pretorius) can hold a bat - rare in county cricket these days. Not many big tail-end partnerships this year so far - there were a couple of biggies last year IIRC.
I don't know a tricky pitch and overcast conditions could make this an intresting game espically now that Warwickshire have been pegged back to 25/3 with three key players in Knight, Bell & Carter already in the hut.