• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

King Kane

International Debutant
It's just stupidly expensive. Lord's is up its own backside.
What does it cost for a ticket there these days? I paid 50 quid for a ticket to the 2001 Ashes test but I got it off a Kiwi friend of mine that worked there.

I wouldn't be paying that much to go to watch England v Sri Lanka though, not today anyway.

Howe_zat

Audio File
What does it cost for a ticket there these days? I paid 50 quid for a ticket to the 2001 Ashes test but I got it off a Kiwi friend of mine that worked there.

I wouldn't be paying that much to go to watch England v Sri Lanka though, not today anyway.
It was £93 today, and for the Ashes at Lords you're looking at £200 minimum.

But that's just half of it really, because it's before you get to things like food etc that are all priced for people who don't have to care.

King Kane

International Debutant
It was £93 today, and for the Ashes at Lords you're looking at £200 minimum.

But that's just half of it really, because it's before you get to things like food etc that are all priced for people who don't have to care.
Yeah I could imagine Ashes tickets for Lord's would be a couple of hundred quid at least, even in 2001 they were going for that sort of price or more,

I got lucky getting a couple of 50 quid tickets off a Kiwi girl that worked there who didn't have any interest in watching cricket so we got them cheap.

We didn't buy food there but the beer prices were pretty reasonable and at least it was full strength beer unlike the half strength beer they serve here.

kevinw

International 12th Man
We went to the second day of the WI Lords test. Tickets were a gift from my wife so I only just asked how much she paid. Well over £100 each and they weren't amazing seats. Like with Oasis and any big name concert now there's just a feeling that the punter is being ripped off. I suppose we've got to vote with our feet.

King Kane

International Debutant
The Sri Lankan old guard of Karunaratne and Mathews are putting up a good fight here.

We went to the second day of the WI Lords test. Tickets were a gift from my wife so I only just asked how much she paid. Well over £100 each and they weren't amazing seats. Like with Oasis and any big name concert now there's just a feeling that the punter is being ripped off. I suppose we've got to vote with our feet.
We didn't have good seats for the 2001 Ashes test at Lord's either but we managed to blag some better seats in an Aussie tour group after lunch.

A couple of the old guys there had too much to drink before lunch and decided to head back to their hotel so we were allowed to take their seats.

Ironically Paul Reiffel was one of the tour guides there along with Merv Hughes.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I cancelled Sky Sports a while back. We had Football, which I never really watched, and Cricket, but half the time there is none. Home tests would be on when you're at work much of the time or away tests would either be at stupid o'clock or Sky wouldn't have the rights. So, even being a passive punter costs. Cricinfo, Twitter and YouTube does it for me now.

King Kane

International Debutant
I cancelled Sky Sports a while back. We had Football, which I never really watched, and Cricket, but half the time there is none. Home tests would be on when you're at work much of the time or away tests would either be at stupid o'clock or Sky wouldn't have the rights. So, even being a passive punter costs. Cricinfo, Twitter and YouTube does it for me now.
Fox Sports here used to have the rights to all the overseas international cricket but now we have to subscribe to Amazon to watch World Cup cricket.

They used to have the rights to the EPL too but now we have to subscribe to Optus to watch that, it all adds up, that's the way sport is going these days.

King Kane

International Debutant
Some excitement happening after lunch after a pretty boring first session, some of the old Lord's members may have even woken up.