• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
Ian Bell philosophical about the ball change, don’t have a problem with changing balls when they get a bit misshapen, but a wider variety of balls more similar to the one just refused in terms of shine would be useful 1724492941430.jpeg

King Kane

International Debutant
Steve Harmison ringing the bell to start play, I didn't realise he played for Lancashire, I thought he played for Durham, good to see him again though.

It would also be good to see Sri Lanka set England a challenging target by adding a couple of hundred runs today, even one hundred would be good.

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
Steve Harmison ringing the bell to start play, I didn't realise he played for Lancashire, I thought he played for Durham, good to see him again though.

It would also be good to see Sri Lanka set England a challenging target by adding a couple of hundred runs today, even one hundred would be good.
All on these two really, because there’s not much batting to come at all

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
At least theyr playing, but can they finish things today before the rain comes as Sunday could be a washout? And news about wood is a bummer too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mentioned it before and still have no idea why Kamindu is batting so low as he looks to be a player of quality

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
WINVIZ has SL to win at 28%; considering Wood injury and some shooters occasionally on this pitch, think thars a bit low.

grecian

Does any Englishman kinda hope we lose this, going in with three seam bowlers, when two are so injury prone is just arrogant, and Mendis is great to watch.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
His average is back over 100 now in Test cricket , I wonder what's the most amount of test matches a batsmen has had an average of 100+ before it dipping, excluding the Don of course.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Does any Englishman kinda hope we lose this, going in with three seam bowlers, when two are so injury prone is just arrogant, and Mendis is great to watch.
Eh? They're at three seamers after one got injured after day 3, they went in with four (against popular opinion in this thread)

danzydab

U19 Debutant
watch the sri lankan selectors randomly drop kamindu out of nowhere next year
they did the same with pathum nissanka

social

I would also add the following

Don’t dislike Woakes per se & I know that he’s a top class operator at home but it’s seems like the ideal season to try the next generation of quicks (if there are any & available)

The guy is 35 and hardly a guaranteed selection outside England

Reactions: FBU