• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Evermind

International Debutant
Yeah, though I believe Bell is also a very good longterm prospect, and will definitely come good when he makes some FC runs.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Entertaining cricket. Shah either has the best bat ever or he is timing the ball like a star.

Out of interest has Hinds ever been reported for a suspect action? Not every ball, but one or 2 look pretty dubious on first viewing.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, though I believe Bell is also a very good longterm prospect, and will definitely come good when he makes some FC runs.
He's no prospect at all til he sorts his head out. Until then he'll just continue to fill his boots with soft runs and continue to fail against decent Test bowling.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There was a good one or two in SA before the Ashes, I think. And this one was good.
Make no mistake, every single innings between 2004 and 2005 (and the one in 2007/08) was better than this one. But none of them came after his own side (ie, the one he was captaining) had just crashed to 51ao and a crushing defeat.

shivfan

Banned
Backing Gayle to get a ton here. Ground isn't the biggest and fast outfield. KP too if he doesn't throw it away.
England are in the process of getting runs on the tins....

It remains to be seen if we can do the same. I'm worried that Smith and Hinds might not have the mental strength to bat for a long period of time.

kingkallis

International Coach

It remains to be seen if we can do the same. I'm worried that Smith and Hinds might not have the mental strength to bat for a long period of time.
In that case you have Gayle, Chander and Sarwan

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Hinds unquestionably does - he just hasn't yet done it at Test level. In fact, Smith isn't all that different either, but he unlike Hinds has had plenty of chances and I've begun to despair of him.

Hinds, though, I still very much hope that if he ever gets a run in the side he can become a good, solid Test middle-order batsman alongside Chanderpaul and Nash. And who knows, if this Darren Bravo lad is as good as everyone is saying, maybe he too will be able to join in.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Monty would have got Brutalised on this pitch, Swann might yet but I think we won't feel the need to bowl him so much if theres nothing there for him.