• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

kingkallis

International Coach
He's one of the leading wicket-takers in this year's domestic season....

But his haul in Test cricket from 10 Tests is less than impressive.
I think Amit Jaggernauth did a good job against Windies last year and he should have played this game ahead of Ryan Hinds.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well that's one of the most fortunate centuries you'll see. Mark my words, though, I'm glad of the fortune he's had from an England fan POV.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Amit Jaggernauth did a good job against Windies last year and he should have played this game ahead of Ryan Hinds.
Hinds is in the team as a batsman. His bowling's just a bonus.

If Jaggernauth had played ahead of Hinds, Ramdin would be batting 6 with Jerome Taylor at 7.. which would really be ridiculous beyond comprehension.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:huh: Hinds is a top-order batsman (who also bowls spin), Jaggernauth is a spinner.

If Jaggernauth should've played ahead of someone it should've been Benn, which would hardly be fair given Benn's excellent bowling at Sabina Park.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
According to Cozier this is Strauss's most important test hundred. :blink:
Apart from the one in the second-innings of the Third Test in New Zealand last winter which saved his career at the very last gasp, I can't think of any more important ones. Still, though, as I say this innings is a shocker. Should've been out at least 3 times.

kingkallis

International Coach
Hinds is in the team as a batsman. His bowling's just a bonus.

If Jaggernauth had played ahead of Hinds, Ramdin would be batting 6 with Jerome Taylor at 7.. which would really be ridiculous beyond comprehension.
My bad! He has a good FC average and a top score of 240. Interesting!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic. Great to see this. The guy has had too much flack over the last year or so. Great to see him ton up as England captain.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Apart from the one in the second-innings of the Third Test in New Zealand last winter which saved his career at the very last gasp, I can't think of any more important ones. Still, though, as I say this innings is a shocker. Should've been out at least 3 times.
Dunno, I'd say a couple in the summer of 2005 were fairly important.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The one in the first-innings at The Oval maybe, but certainly not the one in the second-innings at Old Trafford - England were on top already.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Shah proved he's got Bell covered (attractive 30podd as we speak) hopefully he can go on with it as well. Looks soooo comfortable against the slow bowlers