• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well that would surely have to be one of the worst finishes to a game ever.
How on earth they managed to tie the game after needing 3 runs off 6 balls, is incredible.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
biased indian said:
its the decider now :)
seems we lost :mellow: i turned off the TV and computer when Ali bowled that beamer that went for 4 and was a no ball.

Fair play tto SA, well done Gibbs for laying the foundation [with Kallis] and this game has proven a long term suspicion that i have had of Trescothick as captain. he is too defensive. when gibbs and kallis had jus come to the crease, he dropped men back and just sat in. not quite as attacking and as
forceful as Vaughan is. well bowled Gough [ 2 games in a row] and collingwood.

this game has also confirmed exactly how hopeless hoogy and Ali are at the death when the pressure is on. hoggy's bowled well enough to keep his place but Harmy should be back for Ali.

England bowled well until the final overs but the Saffie's battery of hitters won it for them in the end.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it was another mixed performance from England, great individual performances and a few anonymous ones, the good thing is they'll probably have learn far more from this game than the previous one and it shows the mental strength of the side with their captain sat in the dressing room with a stomach bug.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
SpeedKing said:
seems we lost :mellow: i turned off the TV and computer when Ali bowled that beamer that went for 4 and was a no ball.

Fair play tto SA, well done Gibbs for laying the foundation [with Kallis] and this game has proven a long term suspicion that i have had of Trescothick as captain. he is too defensive. when gibbs and kallis had jus come to the crease, he dropped men back and just sat in. not quite as attacking and as
forceful as Vaughan is. well bowled Gough [ 2 games in a row] and collingwood.

this game has also confirmed exactly how hopeless hoogy and Ali are at the death when the pressure is on. hoggy's bowled well enough to keep his place but Harmy should be back for Ali.

England bowled well until the final overs but the Saffie's battery of hitters won it for them in the end.
WRONG!

Ali pulled it out the bag :) Concede just 2 off 6 balls after that beamer that cost 5 runs. Fantastic!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering the first ball of the 49th over was a no-ball 4, it's just totally disgraceful that South Africa lost 3 wickets in that over needing just 3 runs to win from 6 balls.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
i honestly thought we had no chance of winning after that beeamer from Ali. that the reason for the above post.

Otherwise YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

oh my days, how on earth did they draw. Don't England win it on less wickets lost.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
SpeedKing said:
i honestly thought we had no chance of winning after that beeamer from Ali. that the reason for the above post.

Otherwise YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

oh my days, how on earth did they draw. Don't England win it on less wickets lost.
Nope wickets lost dont count. But i can gurantee that England will feel like they've won and SA will think they've lost. Upper hand England for friday.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
Considering the first ball of the 49th over was a no-ball 4, it's just totally disgraceful that South Africa lost 3 wickets in that over needing just 3 runs to win from 6 balls.
I totally agree with you. I am crying in my beer. I will be a fan of Netherlands cricket from this day on. :disgust: :mad: :sadwalk: