• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, well - Michael Vaughan has been all things to all men this match: a captain, a leader, a martyr, a saviour and a rebel.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought Smith getting concussion from Jennings was hilarious, from the radio they said Smith was going to pick a ball up and Jennings hit him on the head from a well-directed throw (maybe he was hit earlier in his life and that turned him into a foaming-at-the-mouth, knuckle-scraping lunatic and the second blow will reverse the effect). It should mean he'll have to bat below number 6 in the order.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
I thought Smith getting concussion from Jennings was hilarious, from the radio they said Smith was going to pick a ball up and Jennings hit him on the head from a well-directed throw (maybe he was hit earlier in his life and that turned him into a foaming-at-the-mouth, knuckle-scraping lunatic and the second blow will reverse the effect). It should mean he'll have to bat below number 6 in the order.
Sounds planned to me. But try as he might, Smith won't escape Hoggard's inswinger!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Love it. :D

Pole-axed...

Scaly piscine

Was actually a well-directed hit from the bat, but same difference, apparently it took 3 people to help shift him. Shame he's back on the field - which means he might just have been on the pitch as long as he was off it by the time England declare/are bowled out etc.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Was actually a well-directed hit from the bat, but same difference, apparently it took 3 people to help shift him. Shame he's back on the field - which means he might just have been on the pitch as long as he was off it by the time England declare/are bowled out etc.
One person to carry him, two to carry his big mouth?

Scaly piscine

I see Smith & Jennings as like US Marine training staff really, I doubt even their own teammates like either of them.