• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa Thread

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I suggest you refrain from calling Harmison a complete disgrace and questioning his attitude when you have absolutely no idea what he's been doing over the past few months. It's obvious he's worked on his batting and maybe he's worked too hard on that compared to the bowling and lost his rhythm bowling-wise - he's still trying as hard, maybe harder than ever.
Feel free to suggest whatever you want, but I'll stick to my guns, as one of my pet hates is massive underachievement, and that's what we're seeing. He isn't a teenager and, by now, if he can't get his basic action sorted so that most of his deleiveries land roughly where they're supposed to, then it simply isn't good enough for someone who does this for a living

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wpdavid said:
Feel free to suggest whatever you want, but I'll stick to my guns, as one of my pet hates is massive underachievement, and that's what we're seeing. He isn't a teenager and, by now, if he can't get his basic action sorted so that most of his deleiveries land roughly where they're supposed to, then it simply isn't good enough for someone who does this for a living
A bad series (so far) doesn't make his career overall a massive underachievement. Rambling on about how his basic action needs sorting when it's likely the same as when he bowled brilliantly over the last year is ridiculous, you'd never let any player in the World keep the same action or technique for longer than a series.

Craig

World Traveller
Scaly piscine said:
It was prime bowling conditions in the morning (overcast, muggy, damp etc.) - the start was delayed for 20 minutes and the clouds disappeared shortly after the declaration came.

PS is it me is the server on here rubbish today?
It has happened to me a few times lately.

But I must admit when James banned having pictures in our signatures was one of the best things he's done in the 12 months for this site. Improved the speed of the site two-fold.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Tom Halsey said:
That catch looked slightly dodgy, I have to say.

However, as Casson said on MSN, Dippenaar seemed happy.
I'll also add that I mentioned that it looked dodgy quite early on... But Tres got his fingers to it first and that's always a good sign.

twctopcat

International Regular
Thought if i left cricinfo for half an hour something might happen, and it did!!!;). The old legendary hoggmeister general, and kallis of all people, well i never......

Scaly piscine

He was back on the pitch just before tea, couldn't imagine him coming back on if it was a muscle tear could have just been cramp - but he won't be able to bowl for half an hour or so after tea anyway because of him being off for 45 minutes.

twctopcat

International Regular
Sounds as if De Villiers is surviving by the skin of his teeth, hopefully we should pluck him out soon... *touches wood*.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the more brain-dead dismissals I've seen from Abraham. Still, will Pollock and Bojé to come, we need more wickets and all our bowlers are broken.

Mr Lewis, on the plane please.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Neil Pickup said:
One of the more brain-dead dismissals I've seen from Abraham. Still, will Pollock and Bojé to come, we need more wickets and all our bowlers are broken.

Mr Lewis, on the plane please.
All except one, & to use Nasser's polite euphemism, Anderson is "short of form".... :D

Scaly piscine

All those edges for 4 must do the bowlers' heads in, certainly P***ed me off enough times - absolutely beyond me why anyone would even consider NOT having a 3rd man as a fielder.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
All those edges for 4 must do the bowlers' heads in, certainly P***ed me off enough times - absolutely beyond me why anyone would even consider NOT having a 3rd man as a fielder.
Its one of the wonders of modern captaincy. Third man seems to have gone out of fashion. Most modern captains avoid it. The number of edges thatgo for boundaries is not funny.

Scaly piscine

SJS said:
Its one of the wonders of modern captaincy. Third man seems to have gone out of fashion. Most modern captains avoid it. The number of edges thatgo for boundaries is not funny.
Yea and with limited overs cricket most batsmen are adept at steering the ball to third man anyway.