• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is Hales the first England player to get a 50 in every match of an ODI series?

..he asked as though he wasn't about to statsguru the bejesus out of this

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's nice to see the persistence with Hales paying off. It was kind of obvious since most of us think he's an ODI player but he didn't do much for a while at the start and some selectors may have dropped him.
Do you think we should stick with Roy in the same way?

Genuine question - I could argue it either way.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is Hales the first England player to get a 50 in every match of an ODI series?

..he asked as though he wasn't about to statsguru the bejesus out of this
I'd be astonished if he wasn't the first in a series with more than 3 matches.
Maybe it happened in the old 3 match series that we used to play.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Well if you remove Roy, Moeen can be deployed to full effect. Maybe I'm forgetting something obvious but why did he get shafted as an opener anyway?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

It's funny how their roles have kind of reversed over this series. I would say that I've always fancied Hales more as an ODI batsman, despite the record suggesting the opposite until now.

Would definitely stick with Roy for at least another series since their partnership has worked well in the past.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
250+ is competitive in CT... 300+ very very difficult.

Still game on with length of Eng batting lineup and Hales still in.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I hope Jos enjoys his time on the bench on the IPL, as it looks like Ponting was right.

Kudos to Rabada again, but our middle order just looks complete ****e when they're out of sorts, and it's nothing to do with playing aggressively.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Oh **** - I hope Broad is going to have one of his days otherwise this is lost
Yeah, we're probably ****ed. Maybe our spinners will be helped by the pitch being a bit older and not bowling with the evening dew causing them problems. But unless our lower order can add another 100 we're way short.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Yeah, we're probably ****ed. Maybe our spinners will be helped by the pitch being a bit older and not bowling with the evening dew causing them problems. But unless our lower order can add another 100 we're way short.
There is no way there will be any dew.