• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Deserves it for sitting through the worst national anthem in the world with his mouth shut all the time.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Big wicket. Makes the batting look so much shorter with Root out.

Morgan is actually our top scorer by a long way since the world cup, doesn't feel like it though.
Not the way he's played lately, and that was a shocker. Really poor.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Have there been many instances of a player scoring consecutive tons yet being on the losing side in both games?
Maybe Gower around 1982/83 or 1983/84 in Aus or NZ, if we're talking ODis.

EDIT
Apparently not.
I was thinking of the 1982/83 tri-series involving Aus, NZ and ourselves.
He did hit two 100s in losing causes, but not consecutive matches. he also hit a third 100 in the match after his first losing effort, but we managed to win that one.

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
How did Ben Stokes manage to only average 58 with the bat in that test series. I know that's a great series with the bat, but when you make a 258 in a 4 match series...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Am I only one who thinks no.5 is spot or two too high for stokes
It shouldn't be. But all the evidence to date suggest you're right.

Although the flexibility of the batting line-up is a good thing, I'm not sure that Buttler needs to be be batting below Stokes just because it isn't a complete road.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I'm convinced butler is a better batsman than stokes esp in odi's. More confidence in him batting through innings too. We should be looking to get him in to face as many balls as possible once the new ball is seen off

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It's nice to see the persistence with Hales paying off. It was kind of obvious since most of us think he's an ODI player but he didn't do much for a while at the start and some selectors may have dropped him.