• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've hardly watched a bit of this test, os I'm curious:

Did Jonny mess things up behind the sticks? Things like thta are usually easily said. How many did he drop and were those chances tough or not?
He missed 2 I think, but the overall catching from Eng has been poor.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I've hardly watced a bit of this test, os I'm curious:

Did Jonny mess things up behind the sticks? Things like thta are usually easily said. How many did he drop and were those chances tough or not?
They were tough chances but also ones that an international wicketkeeper should be taking more often than not.

I'm not overly concerned though, provided the right support is given behind the scenes and provided Bairstow works hard at it he'll improve. Look at Prior's transformation between 2007 and 2010.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Damn, if SCook and QdK work out and Steyn comes back well, they will be back to number 1 in a year.

Stapel

International Regular
They were tough chances but also ones that an international wicketkeeper should be taking more often than not.

I'm not overly concerned though, provided the right support is given behind the scenes and provided Bairstow works hard at it he'll improve. Look at Prior's transformation between 2007 and 2010.
I checked English FC stats, earlier this series, and there is no keeper who has taken more catches/stumpings per innings than JMB. I guess he simply is the best keeper England have right now. That is, until Harvey Hosein is ready :) .

StephenZA

Rabada :D (with some help from Hales)

PS: Even though Rabada going for runs at least he is making the batsmen play.... most of the balls from Abbot have just been left alone.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I checked English FC stats, earlier this series, and there is no keeper who has taken more catches/stumpings per innings than JMB. I guess he simply is the best keeper England have right now. That is, until Harvey Hosein is ready :) .
Keeping stats are a bit rubbish, because if the Yorks attack induces the most edges (they probably did, what with the winning the championship and all) he will have had a lot more chances to make dismissals.

He's inconsistent but there's only one way to get better. He's never had any likelihood of someone else keeping at FC level.

grecian

That's really a poor indicator of quality (catches-per-match), he plays for annoyingly the best County by miles, of course he gets more catches. In the end also just saying "someone else improved, so Bairstow will" as Furball seems to be doing is just silly. He4's shown no signs of improvement for how many years now? Jos' 'keeping has improved much more.

Anyway, just one more innings of Hales to put up with in Tests.