• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well played, exactly what he's in the team to do.

A positive to come out of this series for SA along with Elgar and Rabada.

indiaholic

International Captain
Good to see De Kock playing well.. When he first came into the side, I was pretty sure that he was going to be a once in a generation talent. Has had his troubles and has looked anything but once in a generation, but hopefully he keeps playing for a long long time.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kinda odd to see three centurions and lots of low scores. Seems getting off to a start on this track is not so easy, which should make SA optimistic.

Marius

International Debutant
Well batted QDK but Abbott and Piedt have supported him well.

On another note, Cricinfo's mobi site is dire, it's easier to look up someone's stats on Wikipedia than on Cricinfo.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kinda odd to see three centurions and lots of low scores. Seems getting off to a start on this track is not so easy, which should make SA optimistic.
It is a classic SA wickets (if maybe a little slow). Not easy but runs to be made if you get in. Its why you often see chunks of wickets in short spaces on SA wickets.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So, is India going to become no. 1 team according to ICC test rankings after this test regardless of what is the result here?

Burner

International Regular
Always knew The Kock would make it. Even in the WC where he stunk it up, he always looked deadly and I thought it was more of him losing the mental match. Always has perfect timing every time I see him bat.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thank you Stokes.... if for no other reason than to shut the commentators up about the declaration.

Well done boys. Much better than I thought we would do end of yesterday.

Niall

International Coach
Always knew The Kock would make it. Even in the WC where he stunk it up, he always looked deadly and I thought it was more of him losing the mental match. Always has perfect timing every time I see him bat.
Hope the selectors don't pat themselves to much on the back now, Cook not been included from the first test was dire as was the call to banish QDK for Vilas.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Six is too low. He should be coming in at around over 40. #5 would be a better shout.
In their previous innings, SA's number six came in after 15.3 overs and was out 14 balls later.

~

Oh look, wicket. Ben Stokes still Making Things Happen, which when set against bowlers who routinely violate causality is a nice feature

Stapel

International Regular
I've hardly watched a bit of this test, so I'm curious:

Did Jonny mess things up behind the sticks? Things like that are usually easily said. How many did he drop and were those chances tough or not?

Last edited: